Project Engineer - Power electronics Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Gordon Murray Electronics
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Power Electronics Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick Midlands.
- Power Electronics Systems project engineering, specification and integration of high voltage, electronic components into the overall vehicle architecture (e.g., body, chassis, and powertrain systems). Systems include DCDC Converters, On Board Chargers, Inverters and HV junction boxes.
- Perform the role of in-house expert on these systems. Document and maintain development roadmaps of the commodity suite with focus on features related to weight, efficiency, performance and integration with the charging infrastructure and associated systems.
- Review and analyse product specifications and identify areas of optimisation and improvement.
- Work with stakeholders, within and external to the prestige OEM, to identify solutions, projects and milestones that will contribute to the success of the vehicle programme.
- Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems to support on time delivery to the vehicle programme.
- Realisation of the vehicle features using a combination of carry-over, modified and new components in collaboration with the Body, Chassis and Powertrain function groups as required.
- Guidance to ensure that key components are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements. Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC regulations.
- Specification and development oversight of design features and functions in conjunction with their technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Support other function groups to ensure compliance with process driven development methods.
- Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
- Significant experience of HV Electronics or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of High Voltage Electrical architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, lifetime operation, control strategies and current capacity versus weight saving.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as MGUs, Batteries and Charging Systems.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.