Project Engineer - Electrical Architecture
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Gordon Murray Electronics
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Electrical Architecture to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- Design and implementation of electrical network architectures for current and next generation high performance combustion engine and electrified vehicles. Focus on performance and scalability that supports rich feature content and compact efficient implementations.
- Engineering,-development, and integration of electrical/electronic systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture-in conjunction with the system owners and technical partners.
- Research, analysis and recommendations for architecture and networking strategies. Tactical actions to maintain systems compatibility when not supported by product roadmaps.
- Development and maintenance of the signals database in conjunction with the software and controls engineers.
- Component, sub-system and system level testing on rigs and test vehicles. Support of testing activities for software deliveries as part of the software release process.
- Fault identification and resolution,-including management of issues to closure.-
- Preparation of status reports for both internal and external distribution.
- Tier 1 supplier-support and-management-for software updates in conjunction with the software release and management team.
- Provision of support-and training to-Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Expert-understanding of electrical-architectures,-electrical peripherals, CAN/FlexRay/LIN/AE-networks, wiring-and-diagnostic technologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of motor-generator technologies and drivetrain architectures including efficiencies, durability, manufacturing concepts and control strategies.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as Suspension, Traction Batteries, and Inverters.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of a Mechanical, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.