Project Engineer - Diagnostics and Networks
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Gordon Murray Electronics
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer Diagnostics and Networks to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- Working in collaboration with the system owners, to deliver the vehicle level diagnostic content and CAN/LIN/FlexRay/AE signal database in accordance with the vehicle timing and development plan.
- In collaboration with the system owners and electrical architecture engineers undertake the specification, development, and management of detailed network communication and diagnostic requirements.
- Manage the development of their off-board diagnostic toolchain in conjunction with Engineering, Manufacturing, After-sales, and suppliers.
- Develop and release project specific signal databases and diagnostics requirements in accordance with the electronics and software development plans. Prepare CAPL nodes and control panels as required for verification and testing.
- Provide technical oversight and support for related developments undertaken by their technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Support in terms of guidance for network integration, distributed functions, signal database activities, interaction with UI systems and diagnostics from a Networks and Diagnostics perspective.
- Track the development progress and maturity of feature/function and application development. Co-ordinate multi-party activities to ensure synchronised delivery and testing. Implement mitigation strategies when things go off-plan. Use expertise to help solve complex issues.
- Participate in system review, verification & validation activities, and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Hands-on development and testing in collaboration with testing and validation colleagues. Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and After-sales departments including development of procedures and diagnostic functionality.
- Significant relevant experience of vehicle/system/sub-system diagnostics and network development and delivery within an automotive or aerospace engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
- Working knowledge of software architectures, development methodologies, test and validation strategies, and development environments.
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN and vehicle diagnostics such as UDS, ISO-14229, KW2000 etc.
- Experience of engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Articulate,-self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.--
- Possession of an-Electronics, Control Systems,-Software Engineering, Automotive or similar honours engineering-degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience-will-be considered.-
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.