Principal Engineer - Electrification
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Gordon Murray Electronics
Danielle Placey 1
Prestige OEM currently has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer - Electrification to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
As part of the Vehicle Electrification team, the role will act as Technical Authority for electrification programmes and ensure the generation of world class solutions in the world of EV and Hybrid.
- Technical leadership of a team of engineers. Creating EV Architectures and reviewing designs and solutions from suppliers and team members.
- Maintain a development roadmap for all HV components, combining the input of individual discipline experts from within the team.
- Support preparation of technical proposals both from OEM to customers and suppliers to Prestige OEM.
- Provide guidance to ensure that key components are correctly specified, integrated and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements at a system level including compliance with any necessary environmental, electrical, Functional Safety, EMC and legislative regulations.
- Oversee the DFMEA process to ensure that the proposed approach provides suitable coverage for the technologies and risks associated with the programme.
- Lead simulation activities to understand how the drive cycle is impacted by various criteria and define durability test cycles to validate designs.
- Act as a point of escalation for any integration issues that may arise between the electrical and vehicle teams within the Prestige OEM Group.
- Create and operate a risk register to ensure that identified risks are captured, understood, assigned, and mitigated at an appropriate level of priority.
- Advocate the fault management system to ensure that an appropriate approach is taken to resolving any outstanding faults.
- In conjunction with the Head of Vehicle Electrification, support recruitment of the electrification engineering team.
- Significant experience of HV Powertrains (Battery to Driveshaft) within an automotive engineering environment.
- Detailed understanding of electric powertrain architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, battery systems, motor topologies, inverter concepts and energy management.
- Proficient in simulation with experience in the creation of ground up -sensitivity- tools as well as use and interpretation of high-end simulation software.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- An inspiring leader, able to get the best out of a diverse, multi-skilled team.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.