Principal Engineer - Electrical Systems Lead
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Gordon Murray Electronics
Danielle Placey 1
Prestige OEM currently has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer
- Electrical Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in either
- Engineering leadership for the development of all electrical/electronic systems for
current and future vehicles.
- In conjunction with the systems engineers, manage the development of electrical,
interior, body, chassis, and powertrain electronic systems to support the vehicle
requirements for functional content, performance, weight, cost, and package.
- Supervision and guidance to ensure that systems are developed in accordance with
environmental, electrical performance, EMC, packaging, functional safety and any other
certification or legislative requirements.
- Champion process driven development. Responsibility for ensuring that technical
deliverables, project plans and open issues decks are in place to the required standards.
- Review and approve requirements specifications in conjunction with other function
groups, their technical partners, and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Lead or participate in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs,
DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety, ISO 21434 cyber security, EMC, and related
activities throughout the development lifecycle.
- Lead the supplier nomination process from a technical perspective and prepare/approve
Electrical System Requirements sections of all relevant documentation used during the
- Represent the Electrical Systems activity at all levels of the business.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, support the resourcing of the Electrical Systems
team to the levels agreed with the senior management team.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement,
Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including
development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
- Proven track record of leadership and delivery of Electrical systems at Principal Engineer
level (or Senior Principal Engineer plus significant experience) in the automotive or
- Wide-ranging in-depth expert understanding of electrical systems, software
features/functions, electrical architectures, and systems design/integration.
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle
- Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance. Knowledge of key
legislation and certification requirements.
- Experience of multi-party project engineering, risk management, mitigation, and
- Knowledge of hybrid/BEV electrical vehicle systems and architectures would be
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar
framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Articulate, self-motivated, inspiring individual who can work well under pressure.
Demonstrates resilience and fosters good working relationships at all levels of the
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours
engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with
relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature
commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.