RECRUITER TEL NO.
Gordon Murray Electronics
Danielle Placey 1
Prestige OEM currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Technician to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- Support for vehicle electrical systems in terms of build support, issues investigation/resolution, test co-ordination, software, and hardware upgrades of prototype vehicles in the UK and overseas.
- Vehicle fault analysis - use of diagnostic software toolsets, schematics, and specifications to identify and resolve vehicle and lab-car based issues.
- Submission and updating of fault reports via a cloud-based issues management system and raising of BCRs for build related electrical issues.
- Preparation of prototype wiring harnesses and electro-mechanical assemblies throughout the vehicle development programme.
- Build support and maintenance for test vehicles, lab car and other rigs e.g., infotainment etc.
- Support for other verification/validation activities including in-market testing, rig testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, EMC testing, telematics, and system calibration. Generation of test plans and reports.
- Training and support for colleagues in the Workshop and Vehicle Development. Establish and build a team to support multiple projects.
- Provision of information and training to Manufacturing and After-sales departments and support for vehicle build.
- Significant track record of working as an electrical technician within an automotive workshop or automotive OE/Tier 1 environment.
- Good understanding of vehicle electrical networks and systems (CAN, LIN and discrete signalling). Training will be provided where necessary.
- Practical experience of using laptop-based vehicle diagnostic toolchains and lab equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes etc.)
- Practical experience of working with vehicle harness diagrams and system schematics.
- Experience in aspects of vehicle repair outside of electrical systems would be advantageous.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and prioritise their workload in conjunction with key stakeholders. Willingness to establish themselves as the go-to person for electrical issues.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and self-motivated with good communication skills. Must be able to work under pressure.
- Industry recognised technician qualifications (BTEC ONC/HNC or an apprenticeship combined with relevant experience).
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.