Chief Engineer - Software Controls
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Gordon Murray Electronics
Danielle Placey 1
Prestige OEM currently has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer - Software and Controls to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, realise the short-, medium- and long-term objectives for Software and Controls within Prestige OEM.
- Responsible for the software & controls design, engineering, testing and validation of all systems in the vehicle electrical architecture for their current and next generation vehicles.
- Provide leadership and oversight of software development at technical partners, Tier 1 suppliers. Develop in-house capabilities to fulfil their strategic vision.
- Overall responsibility of all software development and release activities. Focus on meeting requirements, timing, and software content maturity targets to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Responsibility for the resourcing of the Software and Controls team to the levels agreed with the senior management team.
- Career development planning for permanent members of staff, and peak-trough workload management for outsourced resources. Endeavor to make the Software and Controls department an enjoyable and challenging place to work.
- Significant contributions to, and responsibility for implementing a technology roadmap for software content relating to electronic systems that meets the product strategies of Prestige OEM.
- Represent the Electrical Systems Department at all levels of the business. Lead the resolution of complex issues relating to Software and Controls across the business, and provision support to other function groups as required.
- Establish and nurture sustainable and productive relationships with other departments within the group, the supplier base and with their technical partners.
- Proven track record of leadership and delivery of Software and Controls systems at Chief Engineer level (or Principal Engineer plus significant experience) in the automotive or aeronautics industry.
- Wide-ranging in-depth expert understanding of software development, software architectures, electronics architectures, and systems, preferably in the automotive domain.
- In depth understanding of software and hardware development methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development in single and multicore embedded controllers using standardised software stacks including AutoSar, CANbedded, DDR and other RTOS.
- Articulate, self-motivated, inspiring individual who can work well under pressure. Demonstrates resilience and fosters good working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Significant experience of process driven development and NPI processes.
- Working knowledge of Functional Safety ISO26262, FMEA and DVP processes.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Electronics, Control Systems, Software, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree with an overall grade 2:1 or higher. A post graduate qualification is essential.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.