Component and Systems Software Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Component and Systems Software Engineer
Duration: 9 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Operations
• CAD Software Developer As the Jaguar Land Rover Digital Engineering Capability (DEC) team we are responsible for the selection, development and support of all Engineering tools (e.g. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Engineering, Systems & Software Engineering, Product Lifecycle Management) that we use to develop and design our world class vehicles from concept to product delivery.
• Our Client are currently embarked on a major toolset modernisation programme that is transforming the way in which they engineer our vehicles with a view to keep at the leading edge of engineering tools.
• As they progress on this journey we are currently looking to expand our team with talented and motivated developers and engineers that will help us equip the business with the world class tools that they need to engineer our vehicles.
• You will be joining one of our agile scrum teams as a senior developer, working closely with your teammates and customers to deliver working capability at pace.
• Programming experience in Java, Python , C++ or C#, as well as general scripting knowledge (batch)
• Has Experience of using the Dassault 3D Experience Platform or CATIA V5
• You will have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Key characteristics and values Transparency and openness Questioning Attitude Systems Thinking Continuous Improvement Automation of repetitive and menial tasks Teamwork
• Key Responsibilities Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution and exploration of possible alternatives
• Contribute to the delivery with your team members
• Collaborate with our tool vendor to enhance existing capabilities and/or develop new ones
• Configure tools and systems in a loosely coupled solution that is easy to maintain Engage in peer reviews
• A degree in Engineering or a Computer Science-based subject.
• Configuration of 3D Experience platform (EKL, TCL, CAA & Business Logic)
• Experience of using network APIs (REST API, web sockets)
• Experience in test automation - frameworks (pytest, jUnit) and GUI testing approaches (OCR, Windows APIs)
• Understanding of the 3D Experience data model and configurable extensions
• Experience in developing Web Widgets (HTML5, CSS, JS-based frameworks)
• Experience with modelling in SysML for example in Catia Magic (NoMagic)
• Experience of working with frameworks such as UAF, Magic Grid, DoDAF or TOGAF.
• Has experience of Product Development delivering solutions as part of an Agile Scrum Team