Project Engineer – Fire Protection
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Project Engineer – Fire Protection
Duration: 3 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Product Development
Position Purpose Statement
• Ensure fire protection project/s development and implementation for one or more plants (up to 3 plants), including automatic sprinkler system installation/improvement, roof reinforcement, combustible sandwich panels’ replacement or thermal protection (if applicable) and other related civil works.
• The project/s should be planned and executed within defined timelines and budget, in line with local legislations, NFPA/FM standards and GRC (Global Risk Consultant) requirements in accordance with The Clients’ Safety Standards, Guidelines and Requirements.
• Supervision of designers, General Contractor management, their sub-contractors, contractors of construction site management and supervisory authorities.
• Responsible for technical specification and RFQ (request for quotation) preparation, for project scope related to this program.
• Responsible for maintaining confidentiality agreement connected to the project & plant specific details in compliance with company policies.
• In cooperation with Technical Program Lead (TPL) and Strategical Program Lead (SPL) define best-possible project/s implementation plan to minimize or fully avoid operation interruption of the lines or entire Manufacturing Facility on execution stage.
Knowledge including education, qualifications and training
• University education (Bachelor’s degree) / University education (Master’s degree) preferably with technical background, preferably in Utilities or Civil Engineering;
• Experience in Project Management;
• English – intermediate / upper intermediate spoken and written;
• Background and knowledge of civil design, construction & utilities, Government requirements and permissions is a preference;
• Preferred understanding of IL6S and Manufacturing Excellence principles and CQV;
• Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), people and food safety principles is a preference;
• Understanding and awareness of food production operation principles;
• Understanding of end-to-end Utilities/Infrastructure equipment, engineering systems and principles. Preferably.
• Creative thinking like ability to develop project concept with the Client, designers and 3rd party experts;
• Ability to present concepts and engineering solutions;
• Ability to make nontrivial decisions within concept design and execution;
• Problem solving and decision-making skills in collaboration with the Client;
• Strong communication & negotiation skills;
• Contractors works coordinating on site including design supervisors, construction site management specialists, contractors-mounters;
• Project Management Skill (timeline ownership, reporting structure)
• Computer skills (to be an experienced user of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD) and other office equipment (presentation skills);
• Ability for relocation / remote work as a plus
• Experience in Projects development, execution and leading CAPEX projects;
• Experience in development and implementation of the projects with Utilities/Infrastructure/Construction/Energy/Sustainability scope within food manufacturing facilities is a preference;
• At least 3-5 years of project management experience with proven track of success in big projects;
• Experience with NFPA, FM-global standards would be preferable;
• People/contractor management experience;
• Technical specifications preparation
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Ensuring project implementation according to Client standards, local legislation, NFPA / FM standards and GRC requirements with support of Cluster Engineering
• Cross-functional cooperation with Client teams, cluster-engineering team, authority offices and insurance (GRC) consultant.
• Design approval, official permissions for works and exploitation, mid and final tests and Risk Rank1 assignment in time.
• Cooperation with Plant team encompassing: HSE (zero LTA and environmental pollutions), industrial safety (full cooperation), controlling (assets and write-off), project cost control, planning (shutdowns alignment), M&R, production; procurement team (bidding processes); HSE, insurance consultants (recommendations, approvals and final tests) and local authority (permission, agreements).
• Bidding completing, signing contracts or PO placement on time.
• Preparation of the regular messages/presentations on the status of the project implementation
• Accountability for CAPEX budget planning and spending, annually.
• Ownership of timing and execution of the project.
• Timely escalation of risks associated with the project implementation
• Contractor management.
• Supervision & Cooperation with General Contractor & Sub-Contractors
• Leading of execution stage including safety, food safety, GMP, security aspects, contractor management, assets control, interaction with authorities and GRC insurance consultants.
• Maintaining confidentiality connected to the project and compliance with Company policies
• Timing & budget limitations.
• search for optimal solution for firefighting installation at the running production without significant influences on production plan
• ensure non-disruptive ongoing production without unforeseen stoppages
• communication with Mondelēz stakeholders
• collection of all required construction permissions / approvals,
• obtaining GRC approval of design before execution
• cooperate with engineering design company about design development and design supervision
• ensure compliance with safety, fire protection, labour protection and other rules for construction works
Reporting of the Project (weekly)
• Weekly reporting in few pages including scope, timing, budget, layout and 4Box pages Client format with indication what was completed, what is expected in upcoming period, indication about status of critical milestones, indication of difficulties/hurdles or help needed
• Reporting of the Project (monthly)
• Preparation of material for monthly steering comity update related to Project status in Client format (TBD)
Budget of the project (monthly update)
• Detailed Cost Control of cost related to the Project.
• All key decision making before orders to be consulted with the Clients’ Strategic Program Lead and Cluster Engineering Lead.
• Detailed cost spending in accordance with established budget and approved phasing plan.
• Accruals forecast. Assets commissioning plan.
Procurement (Civil & Utilities)
• Supporting Procurement Team
• Suppliers technical capability evaluation
• Tender documentation preparation (Technical specification, price breakdown or Bill Of Quantity)
• Technical Analyses of Quotations
• Forecast of upcoming biddings and purchases
• Safety protocol established for the Project should be strictly followed.
• Every contractor should follow work permit procedure, method statement analysed and approval, works performed by contractors should be conducted in safety manner with required safety equipment and PPE’s.
• Control under work execution projects timely providing and approvals.
• Required check lists should be timely filled and signed.
• Quality & sanitation
• All decision related to infrastructure and utilities should be in line with Quality requirements and Sanitation guidelines.
• Before any design locked and works started consulting with Quality representative and Cluster Engineering should take place.
• In case of any adjacent food manufacturing processes good manufacturing practices from side of contractors to be respected and controlled.
• Required checklists should be timely filled and signed.
As build information
• The final payments for any works to any contractor should be performed exclusively after related local authorities’ approval and as-build information collected, analysed, and validated by Project Engineer (electronic version obligatory, hard copies as a second source upon request)
Global Risk Consultants (GRC)
• Preparation of material for monthly update call related to Project status in the Clients’ format (TBD).
• It is obligatory to receive reports: on the approval of the solutions adopted in the project; on the approval of design changing; final completion report.