Direct Production Delivery Buyer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Direct Production Delivery Buyer
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
• Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Manager this role will see you have responsibility for managing the external supply chain from the Clients’ suppliers.
• Specifically, UK Raw Material Service Centres and the interaction from the Raw Material Mills through to Service Centres and either T1 Stampers or the Clients’ Manufacturing Plants.
• You will support the Global Commodity Leaders and Global Strategic Buyers in the development and execution of commodity strategies and the Global sourcing activity through the Global Sourcing Process (GSP).
• Responsible for all post sourcing and contract management activities for designated commodities and suppliers within your region.
• Responsible for Supply chain optimisation, TVM and Project Ignite Cost Saving Opportunities.
• Responsible for RMA (Raw Material Acquisition – Buy/Sell) management of Service Centre Cost/Parts loaded.
• Responsible for Stakeholder management between the UK and European Service Centres i.e. Buyer to Buyer and also Supplier to Supplier interaction.
• You will develop and execute key performance indicators across the designated regional suppliers, engaging with stakeholders and specialists within the Purchasing Function as required, ensuring supplier performance to meet the Clients’ QCDIS requirements.
• This role is also a pivotal role for interface with other key functions within the Client and acts as a core conduit for true cross functional working across Production Purchasing, MP&L, STA, Product Engineering, Cost Engineering and Manufacturing.
Key Performance Indicators
• Supplier performance management
• New Model Programme Cost Achievement (Post SCPA)
• Net Cost Reporting targets and strategic should-cost Gap Closure Plan targets (Post SCPA)
• Validation of core activity relating to CPPAP
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Strategy & Sourcing :
• Act as a voice of the customer for input into the Strategic Commodity Dossiers (SCD). Key inputs based on Operational Supplier Performance.
• Responsible for the effective operational relationships with each of designated suppliers in region, ensuring that they adopt and follow the commodity strategy that delivers improved purchase operational performance
• Be responsible for issue and analysis of RFQs in Region, and liaison with suppliers to ensure sourcing in line with policy and to agreed targets through GSP and deploying TCO & TVO approach
• Provide input to GSP SBR meetings to ensure design decisions are made based on an accurate analysis of supply chain, product cost drivers and regional inputs
• Work with the Capacity Planning Team (CPT) to manage strategic capacity changes and constraints (Post SCPA)
• As required support analysis of Make vs Buy business justification in Region
Cost Management :
• Manage all new Model Programme introduction of designated commodity/system, including contracted supplier obligations, production readiness and resolution of any commercial and/or programme issues/risks, being responsible for robust delivery to target cost
• Ensuring effective cost management of designated commodities and supplier post SCPA which will involve launching commodities on new products at their target cost as well as achieving year on year cost reduction on current spend to deliver NCR to target
• Investigate and ensure resolution of in-contract commercial issues including unverified invoices relating to price queries, annual cost reduction, tooling costs, design changes, RMA transactions and all liability claims, to minimise the costs to the Clients’ Lead timely and accurate completion of purchasing deliverables in line with PCDS process timings for designated commodity/system e.g. order placement and APQP deliverables
• Responsible for robust formation, validation and roll up reporting of CDTS's via Regional Delivery Buyers for designated commodities on all new model programmes post SCPA
Supplier Relationship Management:
• Participate in Supplier Business Reviews with your suppliers to develop supplier relationships in accordance with the supplier segmentation model.
• Fortnightly CCAR led Supplier Reviews at Supplier Location.
• Support Regional stakeholder engagement and internal relationship management, and act as the primary interface with Materials Engineering, Stampings Group, Client Manufacturing Press Shops, Finance, Senior Managers to ensure cross-functional alignment on quality, cost, delivery and time requirements post SCPA
• Support the Global Commodity Leaders, to develop the supplier relationships globally for your designated commodities
• Monitor external supply chain performance and communicate to the relevant stakeholders as appropriate. Responsible for CPPAP activities alongside Cost Engineering. CPPAP will form the basis for contract validation activities on behalf of the Client which includes but is not limited to
• Validation activities of core commercial/contractual elements and costs for example
• Labour (direct and indirect)/Manning (direct/indirect and overall supplier programme resources
• Process time for manufacturing process, key material flows and information flows
• How parts are manufactured – bill of design and bill of process (method of manufacture/key materials/location(s) of manufacture/BOF content and understanding of key BOF cost elements and drivers)
• Tooling and location of manufacture
• OEE/Shift Patterns/JPH achievement and capacity flexibility, breakpoints and sensitivity analysis around volumes
• Value Stream Maps – all key material and information flows mapped and understood at production system, supply chain, sub tier and sub tier supply chain variables
• BOF Parts and Supply Chain maps. Full supply chain optimisation of all know supply chains.
• Tariffs duties and incentives around total value stream and any contingency and business continuity considerations which need to be incorporated into contractual or commercial framework moving forward
• Contribute where appropriate to process improvement and ensuring the adoption and sharing of best practice in Regional Purchasing Teams e.g. leading programmes of cost reduction
• Manage Supplier, and Supply Chain Risk, management for assigned commodities post SCPA, ensuring the supply chain operates in accordance with Client software, customer and governmental regulations
• Ensure compliance to the Client Way and KWS processes.
• Driving system compliance throughout the supply chain, by maintaining the purchasing systems to ensure data integrity and therefore system performance
• Undertake any other work as directed by your Line Manager in connection with your/their job as may be requested
• Global Purchasing Finance
• Programme Teams
• Cost Engineering
• Materials Engineering
• Stampings Engineering
• The Clients’ Press Shops
• Supplier Base
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Delivering complex supply chain solutions in a fast paced, high pressured manufacturing environment
• Ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• Implementing and delivering purchasing strategies with the focus on total value chain delivery
• Identify opportunities for creating value in a commodity or commodities
• A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
• A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to influence cross-functional engagement
• An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
• Maintaining compliance with standard policies and procedures
• An individual with a proven track record in delivering results in both favourable and unfavourable conditions
• The ability to challenge in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
• Experience of working in a global, multi-cultural environment
• An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
• A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
• A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
• A effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
• An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
• Gaydon and hybrid as in 2 days a week in the office but needs to be flexible.
• In addition, supplier visits.