Test Rig Design Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Test Rig Design Engineer
• Our Client is a world-leading automotive design company, who have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development, and production.
• They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Test Rig Design Engineer to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Windlesham.
• Reporting to the Lead Rig Engineer and Development Manager you will be responsible for all design activities relating to rig-based testing and development using Catia V5
• To Work closely with function leads across the team to ensure that rig designs are up to date and built to the correct specifications in line with testing requirements
• Work closely with the development workshop to ensure that rigs are fit for purpose and can be manufactured in an efficient and timely manner
• Liaise with project management and purchasing to ensure budgetary and timing plans are met
• To assist engineering/FEA team to define tests/DVP/Test Procedure/Test Requests
• To take a hands-on approach as and when required to achieve the successful outcome of a project
• You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry
• To drive continuous improvement initiatives within the department
• To assist other areas of the business as and when required
Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree qualified, preferably a degree in mechanical engineering
• Experience in motorsport and sports cars is desirable
• Skilled in working with CATIA V5 and using Excel
• Capable of carrying out hand calculations for rigs and components and correct material choices
• Ability to use FEA software would be an advantage
• Good Problem-solving ability
• Experience of working in a highly technical engineering function
• Experience of delivery quality components to tight and demanding deadlines with conflicting priorities
• A proven track record in demonstrating a desire to develop themselves in a multi skilled engineering environment
• Must be able to work on their own initiative and prioritise their workload in conjunction with key stakeholders.
• Flexible, enthusiastic, and self-motivated with good communication skills
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Full driving licence is essential
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union