Training and Education Specialist
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Training and Education Specialist
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
Location: Multiple Locations
Division: Human Resources
• Our Client is undergoing a business wide transformation programme.
• REFOCUS is a new organisation-wide transformation strategy, which will see the Client right size, repurpose and reorganise into a more agile operation.
• The intent of the programme is to empower employees to create and deliver at speed and with clear purpose.
• This role is responsible for ensuring the consistent and efficient delivery of the Clients’ Employee Development Apprenticeship programmes from apprentice induction through to successful completion.
• This requires direct and regular engagement employees on the programmes, their line managers, education providers and other internal and external stakeholders such as End Point Assessment Organisations.
• You will review and monitor progression against agreed plans and milestones providing support and guidance throughout the apprenticeship journey.
Key Performance Indicators
• Apprentices on boarded in a timely manner to start the programme
• Accurate tracking of apprentice progress against criteria set for the programme
• Overall Apprenticeship Completion and Success Rates at or above industry norm
• On programme Qualifications delivered on time to schedule (where applicable)
• Apprentices transition through the End Point Assessment gateway in a timely manner
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the development clear statements of work for items to be externally sourced and support the tender and selection process with Purchasing teams as appropriate to ensure quality, capability, capacity and value for money.
• Contribute to apprentice selection (where applicable)
• Contribute to apprentice on boarding and apprenticeship induction
• Support the development of apprentices during the off and on the job training to enable them to successfully complete their programme and become competent in their occupational role, and an effective contributor to our business operations.
• Enable apprentices to develop new skills, knowledge and behaviours so that they can perform to their optimum and consistently deliver the Clients’ strategic objectives.
• Ensure all apprentices have a clear development pathway, and the various forms of support required to help them to achieve all aspects of their programme and associated personal development to a high standard.
• Contribute to monthly progression and at risk meetings with Training Providers aligned to their apprentice standard and as appropriate for their stage in the programme and experience.
• Use informal coaching methods to; support apprentices to make effective decisions, reflect on their performance / behaviours, and identify alternative approaches.
• Maintain regular 2-way dialogue with line managers to ensure programme operates effectively.
• Prepare information on apprentices where performance intervention is required
• Ensure all apprentices have the correct documentation for compliance with government apprenticeship and funding regulations/criteria
• Ensure that supporting programme activities such as internally planned training activities, placements, rotations, team projects, are planned, communicated and delivered to a high standard.
• Ensure that delivery by external providers is effective and to plan.
• Provide regular feedback to apprentices, line managers, academy managers on the progression and performance of their apprentices. Identifying strengths and development opportunities for each apprentice.
• Ensure personal data is maintained in a compliant and efficient manner.
• Ensure effective reviews to ensure safeguarding and health and safety of apprentices – ensuring line managers are aware of their duties including provisions applicable to young or vulnerable adults.
• Work with Academy Team members to provide feedback on delivery activities and opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Apply knowledge of adult learning pedagogy to ensure a high quality and impactful apprentice experience in line with brand values and enable business efficiency and competitive advantage.
• Support the effective piloting of major technical skills solutions to ensure readiness for volume delivery and that delivery teams have all the necessary information to execute consistently and effectively.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
• Internal stakeholders
• Line Managers
• The Clients’ Academy – Transformation team
• Subject Matter Experts from relevant business areas.
• External training providers
• End Point Assessment Organisations
• Purchasing teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Proven track record in supporting the delivery of apprenticeship programmes or other complex learning and development activities.
• Significant knowledge in respect of content and assessment apprenticeship standards including End Point Assessment planning and preparation
• Highly developed mentoring / coaching skills – able to adapt style and approach to situation and audience.
• A good understanding of academic and vocational qualifications, delivery and assessment approaches.
• Comfortable using LMS / reporting systems to effectively and proactively deploy learning curriculums, manage progression of apprentices, build action plans, and keep relevant stakeholders informed.
• Able to demonstrate clear decision making capability – taking responsibility for outcomes
• Able to demonstrate personal engagement in growth and learning.
• Knowledgeable in Learning and Development methodologies (e.g. competency frameworks, learning needs analysis, adult learning pedagogy, approaches to assessment and evaluation).
• A working knowledge of UK academic qualification levels (2 to 7)
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Experience of working with external providers to deliver technical skills/learning solutions, including writing clear statements of work, identifying and supporting the selection of potential delivery partners – understanding typical cost profiles.
• Knowledge of IfATE and ESFA compliance requirements – ideally within an automotive or manufacturing environment
• Familiar with approaches to professional registration such as IEng and CEng.
• Experience of how online platforms / learning environments can support appropriate delivery of learning, cohort engagement, and knowledge sharing that adds value to the business and builds competency faster.
• An individual with a strong set of experiences in an engineering, technical or digital discipline who also understands the wider trends affecting the sector.
• An individual who embraces the differences and unique abilities which everyone can bring, working together and empowering others to deliver
• An individual who will take the initiative and sees failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
• An individual who builds trust wherever or whoever they are working with and is confident to speak the truth
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding positively to rapidly changing priorities
• At ease monitoring, tracking and supporting apprentices across multiple programmes.
• An individual who is able to manage complexity in respect of the wide range of factors in creating and implementing successful apprenticeship programmes through being able to balance conflicting demands of content, cost.
• An individual who is able to develop relationships with key customers and can use their experience and personal style to ensure that high performance is maintained.
• An individual who is results driven and demonstrates tenacity, resilience and perseverance and can engage others to support their goals to good effect.
• A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences.
• A full UK driving license coupled with flexibility and willingness to travel to multiple Client sites.
• An individual who can make decisions and keep projects moving ahead through their own actions.
• Experience of working in an Agile methodology and mind-set
• An inherent capability to work within and optimise the use of available budgets, constantly driving continuous improvement and efficiency gains as part of doing normal business.