Training and Education Specialist
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Training and Education Specialist
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
Location: Multiple Locations
Division: Human Resources
• As part of an exciting business transformation set out in our enterprise Refocus, and Reimagine programmes, the capability of our people is at the heart of our ability to deliver change and achieve our ambitious goals.
• Improved Agility is a key element of this transformation, and the Capability team based within the HR Talent, Engagement and People Capability group has adopted agile methodology to deliver exciting new products and services at speed, using empowered squads, supported by Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
• We are now expanding this area significantly so that we can support even more learning and capability initiatives for the wider business and we are establishing additional squads and learning support roles.
• This role will bring specific expertise and focus on the creation and delivery or identification of suitable learning interventions on a variety of technical topics, which will be consumed by learners across technical business functions.
• Solutions will be identified based on business value and need and may consist of propriety offerings from third parties, tailored content, or bespoke build. Requirements will be established through close collaboration with relevant Subject Matter Experts within the business to specify the required outcomes.
• The role will contribute to the development of training material, content and delivery of training designed to develop capabilities required to deliver the Clients’ strategic and operational objectives.
Key Performance Indicators
• Creation of high-quality technical skills solutions against confirmed requirements defined in conjunction with the REFOCUS transformation pillars.
• Solutions which address the prioritised top technical skills to enable learners and their leaders to engage and apply new learning to enable enhanced personal, team and business performance.
• High evaluation scores in respect of learner and supervisor feedback.
• Alignment of solutions to support our shift to increased Agility - to enable our people to create and deliver at speed and with clear purpose. To build on and complement prior learning and support a culture of continuous growth and career long learning in all its forms.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Create and maintain technical skills / learning solutions that support our transformation pillars and their respective functional areas to enable our people to consistently deliver at speed and with clear purpose.
• Drive change – to support our shift to an agile culture. Ensure the appropriate solutions are readily available and in a suitable format – removing duplication and silos – driving efficiencies of scale where appropriate.
• Own and contribute to various aspects of the end to end journey for the creation of technical learning solutions, and development of technical skills - taking into account business need, intended scope, learning outcomes, learner profile, location, prior experience, suitable delivery formats, national awards, external benchmarks, duration, cost constraints and assessment needs. This includes identifying key milestones and estimating the scale and resources requirements to deliver successfully as well as supporting testing and evaluation.
• Work with internal subject matter experts to build technical skills solutions, which are engaging. Using appropriate development tools and systems to deliver effectively, track engagement and feedback.
• Maintain awareness of external development partners, their strengths and availability of existing technical skills solutions, which may satisfy business requirements in part, or in full.
• Understand how to define and create clear statements of work for items to be externally sourced and support the tender and selection process with Purchasing teams as appropriate to ensure quality, capability, capacity and value for money.
• Be able to assess external solutions against business needs – identify gaps and engage in development discussions to address those gaps. Seek opportunities to embed the Clients’ case studies to bring added relevance and context
• Maximise the use of existing and emerging learning technologies and collaborative networks to improve access to technical skills development in a format, which is appropriate to the situation and enables the learner to quickly apply their technical skills to improve their own capability and business performance.
• Apply knowledge of adult learning pedagogy to ensure a high quality and impactful learner experience in line with brand values and enable business efficiency and competitive advantage.
• Support the effective piloting of major technical skills solutions to ensure readiness for volume delivery.
• Flexible in approach and deployment – some roles will support delivery of learning programmes, ensuring a great employee experience.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
• Internal stakeholders seeking new or modified technical skills solutions.
• Subject Matter Experts from relevant business areas.
• External learning providers / suppliers
• Purchasing teams
• Client Talent and People Capability teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Able to identify the steps, resources and likely time required to reach a good learning solution.
• A passion and aptitude to support the effective technical development of others.
• Able to apply previous experience and knowledge to new situations, research issues, create innovative solutions, and deliver a robust end product or service.
• Able to support the design and deployment of technical learning activities of a complexity suitable for the target learner.(Foundation to Subject Matter Expert level)
• Experience of designing technical learning interventions in various formats including eLearning, face to face, blended – and supporting a wider array of learning activities and events – e.g. lunch and learns, technical forums.
• Experience of a range of evaluation methods.
• Able to undertake formal reviews and assessment against defined criteria.
• Experience of working with multiple stakeholders at all levels to design, build and deploy technical solutions. Confident to undertake conversations with subject matter experts and work in partnership.
• Able to demonstrate personal engagement in growth and learning.
• Qualification in a technical discipline
• Previous experience in building technical learning solutions / capability growth of others.
• Experience of creating e-learning content using tools such as Articulate
• Experience of working with external providers to deliver technical skills/learning solutions, including writing clear statements of work, identifying and supporting the selection of potential delivery partners – understanding typical cost profiles.
• Track record of developing technical skills solutions at different levels from novice through to expert.
• Knowledgeable in Learning and Development methodologies (e.g. competency frameworks, learning needs analysis, adult learning pedagogy, approaches to assessment and evaluation).
• Experience in building business plans and contracts for technical skills / learning requirements and evaluating their effectiveness.
• A clear awareness of the trends affecting the sector, and the impact this may have on technical skill requirements.
• A working knowledge of UK academic qualification levels (2 to 7)
• Experience of using Agile principles, scrum framework and JIRA project planning tool
• An individual who embraces the differences and unique abilities which everyone can bring, working together and empowering others to deliver
• An individual who will take the initiative and sees failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
• An individual who builds trust wherever or whoever they are working with and is confident to speak the truth
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding positively to rapidly changing priorities
• An effective team player, who can identify clear learning outcomes, which are focussed and will make impact, and who is comfortable challenging to ensure real needs are identified and quantified, and who can guide on the appropriate format of solutions to be deployed.
• An individual who is able to manage complexity in respect of the wide range of factors in creating and implementing successful technical learning interventions through being able to balance conflicting demands of content, cost, learner availability, learner numbers, duration, geography, learner demographics etc.
• An individual who is able to develop relationships with key customers and can use their experience and personal style to ensure that high performance is maintained.
• An individual who embraces the opportunity to adopt digital forms of delivery and knowledge transfer where appropriate to support a cultural shift away from face-to-face learning
• A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences.
• An individual who can make decisions, and keep projects moving ahead through their own actions.
• Experience of working in an Agile methodology and mind-set
• An inherent capability to work within and optimise the use of available budgets, constantly driving continuous improvement and efficiency gains as part of doing normal business.