Customer Attributes Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Customer Attributes Engineer
Duration: 8 month Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Services
• The Refinement team define the customer acceptance standards for brakes refinement and deliver the development and sign off of program to confirm that these customer quality targets have been delivered.
• There is a strong focus on ensuring that our standards satisfy our customers in conjunction with developing efficient methods for delivery of programmes including the use of virtual tools and translation of customer requirements into objective measurements.
• This role will aim to enhance the customer experience through the design, development, measurement and balance of the brake refinement customer attributes for Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
• Knowledge of automotive brake system design
• Previous experience of problem solving tools e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 8 Disciplines of problem solving, Design of Experiments and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in Manufacturing
• Previous experience and background in solving complex technical ideas and challenges
• Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience
• Full UK Cat B Driving Licence An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
• An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
• A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
• An effective team player who supports team members
• Able to regularly support testing in the UK and at various European locations for two to three week test blocks - generally in Spain, Sweden and Finland
• Ability to identify the specifications that influence Brake attributes including performance and refinement.
• Experience in the field of NVH analysis Knowledge of industry standard NVH measurement systems (LMS Test.lab, HEAD Artemis, Prosig, etc.)
• Microsoft package elements Project, Power Point and Excel Knowledge of whole vehicle engineering knowledge and cross functional experience
• Some experience of explicit and/or implicit CAE software and associated pre and post processing packages Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
• Experience of vehicle test and subjective evaluation
• Relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience able to regularly support testing in the UK and at various European locations for two to three week test blocks - generally in Spain, Sweden and Finland
• Full UK Cat B Driving Licence
• Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities Support competitor and comparator attribute benchmarking and featuring.
• Including, physical / virtual testing, measurement and visual assessments as required.
• Support delivery of all Attribute Requirement targets by Gateway and ensure all technical issues are identified and resolved Support test and development activities as required or specified in the Design Verification Plan (DVP)
• Work with lead engineer as required to drive implementation and resolution of all engineering solutions Deliver technical recommendations and reports
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
• Key Interactions Brakes Refinement Lead Engineer Brakes Module Leaders Brakes System CAE Team Brakes Design Team Brakes Performance Team