Advanced Model Team Prototyper
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Advanced Model Team Prototyper
• The Model & Fabrication department are creating a new team to support the Advanced Design Teams of the Clients’.
• You will be part of Models & Fabrication team and work closely with designers in the HMI, Interior and Exterior Design teams with a focus on physical prototype design and build, to support and evaluate Design concepts.
• The core of assignments for this role consists of taking high-level optical/mechanical/electrical design requirements or concepts from the HMI team and then sourcing and evaluating hardware sensor/actuator/component datasheets for suitability.
• After identifying the necessary hardware (including reverse engineering existing hardware where appropriate), you will work with a broader engineering team to resolve optical, mechanical and material design challenges so the design can be rapidly prototyped, often using in-house tools and equipment.
• Finally, hands on expertise will be required to build, assemble and commission your own prototypes, including developing the necessary firmware, electronics (wiring & PCB) and mechanical assembly, iterating the design where necessary.
• The resulting prototypes should adequately test the original requirements, identify new technology opportunities and all within rapid iteration cycles
• Relevant experience in most of the following:
• Open Source Hardware / IDE: Arduino, Raspberry Pi
• Microcontrollers: 8bit - 32bit (ARM Cortex, Atmel, Espressif)
• Rapid prototyping workshop competencies: laser cutter, 3D printing (SLA, SLS), Machine tools
• Peripherals: I2C, SPI, GPIO, DAC, ADC, Stepper Controllers, PWM, H-bridge, TTL-Serial
• 2D CAD & 3D CAD (Autodesk Fusion 360 or Catia)
• 5 years combined electronics / firmware / product development experience with an emphasis on rapid, iterative prototyping
• Minimum of 3 years in an embedded or product development environment with an emphasis on rapid, iterative prototyping
• Experience in building interior & exterior concept models is a merit.
• Microsoft Office
• Good Communication Skills, Honest, Technically Competent, Good Work Ethic, Flexible, Determined and Persistent, Team Collaborative, Willing to Share and Learn new methods, Creative and innovative but structured, methodical and analytical with good planning skills.