Interim Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Interim Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Summary of responsibilities:
• You will manage the delivery of all HSE activities in a manufacturing facility or commercial areas (offices, Sales, Warehouses), including standards & procedures, capability processes, reporting, compliance and audit.
• That means you will define and review standards and legislation applicable to site, validate design for HSE into projects and modifications, and support defined work processes (e.g. IIM pillar) to improve HSE application and effectiveness.
• In addition, you will map all applicable legislation and internal standards, ensure ongoing compliance and manage relationship with legal department and local authorities.
• You will maintain all HSE regulatory requirements for plant
How you will contribute
• Co-ordinate implementation of all HSE programs and processes.
• Prepare and build consensus annual plans for facility/function wide HSE initiatives
• Plan/Budget/Control annual capital budget for HSE to enable execution of the HSE plan and adherence to all internal and external compliance standards
• Provide HSE expertise for the facility/function for all new projects and change management activities
• Ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and follow ups implemented to minimize or eliminate accidents, asset losses that might cause harm to one of the company’s employees, contractors, visitors
• Ensure that the appropriate talent is in place through training, mentoring, and succession planning and supports development and learning capabilities of Safety specialists
• Ensure the facility standards are in compliance with both Company and governmental/community regulations
• Ensure training and coaching are taking place to drive a safety-perfect culture and to ensure safety standards and awareness are well understood throughout the plant organization
Three Key Skills
• Health, Safety, Environmental skills
Primary Skills Required:
• Health, Safety and Environmental management
• Considerable leadership experience within the Manufacturing industry