Colour and Materials Designer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Colour and Materials Designer
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
• To be part of a world class design team delivering the Clients’ new global strategy.
• A sustainability-rich reimagination of modern luxury, unique customer experiences, and positive societal impact.
• With an aim to achieve net zero carbon emissions across our supply chain, products and operations by 2039.
• This role has the lead responsibility for designing and developing sustainable and responsible colour and materials content for the Clients’ Core and SVO and Bespoke programmes.
• As a Colour and Materials Lead Designer you will create and realise innovative proof of concepts and material solutions for both interior and exterior applications from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond.
• This role will be focused on Creation and Realisation.
• Delivering more sustainable and responsible material initiatives and methods of make is key to the role.
• Weekly Design reviews for project progress assessments with line manager and Chief Designer.
• High contribution to meetings through suggestions, problem solving and Design representation.
• High number of mentoring opportunities taken the Client are re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy.
• New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business.
• Join a team of next generation thinkers.
• Proven creative and presentation skills.
• A good understanding of product, interior, the design industry in general and automotive design combined with good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception.
• Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to and communicate at all levels
• Capable of working with minimal supervision to meet objectives and implement design on their own.
• Passion for Colour and Material Technology and Design as evidenced by up to date in field literature, innovations and Trends.
• Proven ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline.
• An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred relevant 5 year +
• Experience with ability to mentor and coach others in design process and methods.
• Advanced use of Adobe package software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign software and ability to use internet resources appropriately for research purposes
• Proven ability to adjust to changing design, feasibility and cost requirements
• Additional software skills like VRED or video editing software skills such as Final cut pro
• Travel to suppliers and plants