Engine Validation Development Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Test Completion and Analysis Engineer
Duration: 11 Month Rolling Contract
• The Engine Validation Development Engineer is responsible for mechanical development, performance & functional verification and durability signoff as part of the power unit design verification plan (DVP).
• The Development Engineer ultimately reports to the Principal Engineer (LL6) for validation but may be allocated to a Module Lead (D) or Technical Lead (D) dependant on project requirements and specific team structure.
• Engine validation experience on dynamometer
• Problem resolution in an engine development environment ETAS Inca and AVL Concerto proficient
• Personal Profile (high performance)
• A passion automotive products
• Natural technical curiosity & desire for depth of understanding
• Dependable to deliver on time and a high standard
• An energetic team player, who exudes positivity and a ‘can do’ attitude
• A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and confident.
• Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision.
• Keen attention to detail and the ability to multitask
• Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like.
• Willingness to share knowledge and motivation to teach & develop others. Agility/flexibility.
• Confidence to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through ownership and leading by example.
• Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
• Flexibility to work between Client sites and external test facilities (UK driving licence)
• Strong technical background with knowledge of engine and/or transmission engineering, components and systems.
• Experience of component/system design and validation.
• Understanding of design principles and the application of quality tools within a product engineering environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels within business.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
• Able to prioritise workload and lead issue resolution either individually or as part of a cross-functional team.
• Experience within automotive product design & development environment.
• Knowledge of problem solving and quality tools is essential.
• Highly self-motivated and able to act on initiative.
• Strong MS Office skills.
• Experience and proficiency in data processing and control system software.
• Previous experience of issue resolution within a project team environment.
• Good working knowledge of Product Creation Delivery System (or similar process).
• Use of software programming to assist efficient data processing (Excel VBA, MatLab, Concerto Scripting).
• Understanding of engine and/or transmission design architecture in an automotive engineering environment.
• Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities - Principally responsible for delivery of power unit functional, durability & attribute validation testing, ensuring validation test activity is delivered on time, and to the required data quality and delivery standards.
• Ensure tests executed to correct procedures & operating conditions, accurately and produce high quality data.
• Establish, maintain and communicate accurate test plans, that clearly identify the timing and specific requirements of test facilities required.
• Support continuous improvement activity including creation and maintenance of the Clients’ company standards relevant to role (TP / ST).
• Ensure appropriate utilisation metrics are accurately completed and shared appropriately.
• Compile accurate technical reports for DV tests as evidence for component and system sign-off and communicated clearly too all stakeholders.
• Ensure DV tests are conducted safely and in accordance to the Clients’ H&S policies.
• Support relevant technical reviews and lead/support issue resolution through established processes and standard Client tools (AIMS/8D).
• Interface with customers of the department effectively
• Lead interaction with customers and suppliers, resolving any conflicts and escalating issues for resolution as necessary.
• Ensure functional status for allocated systems is clearly reported on through comprehensive technical understanding, in support of overall DVP and engineering signoff.