Project Engineer - Series Body & Chassis
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Surrey / Remote
Position Title: Project Engineer - Series Body & Chassis
Purpose of the role:
• The Series Body & Chassis Function Group are at the heart of production at the Client
• You’ll be responsible for identifying build/ productions issues at launch, containment activities, root cause analysis and solving complex engineering problems.
• The broad scope of the role will see you work across all automotive programmes, giving you the opportunity to work on a number of new releases over the coming months and years, and you’ll be responsible for all body systems, interior and exterior.
• This is an exciting opportunity which will suit somebody able to problem solve, get to the root cause of engineering issues, and present confidently to various stakeholders.
• You should also be able to handle the prioritisation and de-escalation of high priority issues that arise during production.
• Responsibility for the delivery of engineering across vehicle systems:
• Update and manage Technical Specification, FMEA, DVP, Vehicle / System level test spec updates, including creation of new technology content as required
• Supporting delivery of products to meet Budgets & Expenditure, Timing & Delivery
• Testing & development support including functional builds
• Attending key project meetings.
• Supplier liaison & management
• Contribute to Technology roadmaps
• Responsible for generation of Total Value Management (TVM) ideas.
• Owning change content from idea, through to implementation
• BoM definition and management to include leading cost & weight reduction initiatives to deliver targets.
• Planning, monitoring and execution of project activities to guarantee project delivery in line with targets & deliverables.
• Establish and control system design, release, development and validation plans in association with functional experts and in line with technical risk management processes.
• Ensure manufacturability and compliance with quality standards of all components and systems within the defined BOM (DFA & DFM).
• Preparation and presentation of material to support external and internal project status reviews.
• Management of suppliers to ensure delivery to required quality & cost in line with project timelines.