RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Logistics Engineer
• Our Client currently have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Engineer to join our Automotive Manufacturing department based in Dunsfold, Surrey.
• The Logistics Engineer is responsible for defining and implementing the logistics processes and tools to support the production of the Clients’ cars.
• In this hands-on role you will become part of the team to ramp-up of assembly production at a low-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation and help us start up our brand-new manufacturing plant.
• Define the processes to support material movement through the business.
• Implement production line delivery strategies using unique processes where required for specific materials.
• Review supplier packaging solutions, and where required define bespoke packaging solutions to maximise transport and storage capacity.
• Create all documents and process flows for materials movements, and embed within the company, ensuring adherence.
• Work closely with manufacturing engineering to ensure the logistics function supports the production requirements for lineside storage methods.
• Review all equipment required within the warehouse for picking and transferring to production.
• Ensure the warehouse is configured in such a way that it supports the most effective picking methods.
• Constantly monitor the effectiveness of the current processes and update if required.
• Play an active role in future projects to define all unique requirements up front.
• Support supplier launch readiness and sign offs for specific logistics requirements.
• Support the overall logistics functions of the business as required.
• Manage budgets and spend for stillages and bespoke tooling requirements.
• Work closely with the procurement and project teams to keep up to date with future logistics requirements from suppliers.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience in a manufacturing/engineering logistics environment.
• Some computer literacy required for stock booking transactions.
• Experience in low volume automotive manufacturing preferable.
• Understanding of the different assembly processes and equipment
• Works well under pressure, works hard to meet strict production targets
• Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional processes.
• Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
• Reliable timekeeping and attendance