Senior Production Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Senior Production Engineer
• Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Production Engineer to join our Manufacturing Team based in Surrey.
• Production engineers within the Company are responsible for defining and delivering production engineering processes to produce high quality vehicles across all models undertaken by The Client.
• Working together with Engineering and production technicians, our production engineers develop and continuously improve manufacturing process to effectively utilise equipment and materials to maximise production output whilst delivering vehicles to strict quality targets and H&S deliverables.
• Reporting to the Senior Production Engineer, you will be responsible for areas of planning and coordination of production engineering including:
• Acting as the voice of production in design and project gateway reviews on new and current projects.
• Review and approval of engineering releases to ensure assembly feasibility within the production line.
• Ownership of production engineering processes on current and new models from concept to production.
• Developing build sequencing of new vehicles through virtual builds and build trials.
• Develop process operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
• PFMEA and DFMEA activities.
• Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and outages.
• Investigate problems, analyse root causes, and drive resolutions.
• Develop best practices to improve production capacity, quality, and reliability.
• Provide training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
• Identify unsafe operations and practices and establish safety procedures and environmental regulations for employees.
• Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
• Aid in department budget preparation and tracking.
• To carry out any other appropriate work as required by the department or company.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred.
• A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3 or equivalent work experience considered.
• Experience of New Product Introduction in an automotive or highly regulated industry.
• It is anticipated that you will have 3-5 years relevant automotive experience at an appropriate consultancy or OEM.
• Experience of full product life-cycle activities and ability to achieve Quality, Cost and
• Delivery targets for production.
• Experience of PFMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving) process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques.
• Ability to create manufacturing processes and development plans.
• A pro-active approach and an ability to own and manage your own activities.
• Clear and effective communicator (written and verbal).
• An understanding of whole vehicle assembly processes and equipment.
• Experienced with a number of systems, expert in at least one area and working knowledge of a number of other areas of specialisation.
• Must be a team player who can work closely with Production, Engineering, Aftersales and other cross-functional departments.
• Strong ability to lead problem solving activities within an automotive assembly environment.
• Ability to use CAD