Project Engineer Chassis and Powertrain Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Project Engineer Chassis and Powertrain Systems
• Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer Chassis and Powertrain Systems to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
• Systems development and integration support to the Chassis and Powertrain function groups for the implementation of chassis and powertrain electrical/electronic systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture. Chassis and Powertrain electronics systems include steering, cooling, braking, ABS/ESP,
• TPMS, fuelling, transmission, and drivetrain system
• Integration support in terms of network integration, distributed functions, signal database requirements and interaction with UI systems.
• Guidance to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
• Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems.
• Compliance with any necessary legislative, certification, environmental and EMC requirements.
• Specification and development oversight of software features and functions in conjunction with our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Support to ensure compliance with process driven development.
• Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs,
• DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety, EMC, and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
• Hands-on electrical development and testing in collaboration with testing and validation colleagues. Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
• Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement,
• Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
• Significant relevant experience of electrical systems or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
• Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
• Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
• Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.