Engineer – Drawings & Standards
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Engineer – Drawings & Standards
• The aim of this document is to describe the purpose, typical duties and expectations of the Engineer – Drawings and Standards within the Client.
• The primary focus of the work is to check all engineering drawings and designs to ensure they meet the internal company standards and BS8888.
• Additionally, the role includes working closely with engineers prior to the release of parts, to ensure the company is working to the correct standards and the work is right first time.
• Key elements also involve GD&T support, leading the standard at the Client and being the main point of contact regarding any questions or queries.
• Engineers may be allocated to a single project or multiples at any given time.
• You will be expected to liaise with design, development, project management, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners, consultants and suppliers to ensure the company is working to and implementing the correct standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all engineering drawings and designs meet the Clients’ standards and BS8888
• Ensure that all drawings have the correct GD&T applied for their given application
• Maintain all Client Engineering and Drawing Standards
• Support other design functions and tasks, as and when required
• Manage KPIs associated with drawing releases
• Contribute to complete and effective engineering plans and schedules, including planning own activities
• Support production of 2D drawings when workload allows
Qualifications and Experience:
• It is anticipated that you will be an engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry, and have evident experience working within a demanding team environment.
• You will be expected to have a solid understanding of design standards, material standards and engineering drawing standards. A good working knowledge of whole vehicle design is essential.
In addition, the following attributes are expected;
• Proven success in applying design standards in automotive or other applicable industries
• Experience of engineering drawing standards, specifically BS8888
• Capable of reading engineering drawings from a manufacturing and material supply perspective
• Clear and effective communication skills
• Good time management skills
• To perform any other duties that may well be reasonably expected within the remit of the role.
• To ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within areas of responsibility.
• In addition to the above responsibilities for the Client, the job also involves similar duties to be conducted for any future subsidiary companies within the Group.