Senior Design Engineer - Powertrain
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Senior Design Engineer - Powertrain
• Our Client currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer – Powertrain to join our Vehicle Engineering – Powertrain Team based in either Shalford or Warwick.
• Reporting to the Chief Engineer – Vehicle Engineering & Simulation, you will be responsible for Design activities in the Powertrain design team
• Responsibility for designing powertrain systems; including fuel, cooling, oil systems as well as powertrain integration using CATIA V5
• You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry
• You will be required to liaise with the prototype workshop to define components and support test vehicle build
• Present Development status to client project teams, client senior management, project suppliers and internally to Company personnel
• Liaise with project management and purchasing to ensure budgetary and timing plans are met
• Ensure designs meet with all relevant regulatory requirements
• Conduct meeting with suppliers and technical partners
• Schedule own activities to promote engineering deliverables that meet required specifications
• Drive the Client forwards in Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) design/Concepts and ensure current and future technologies are exploited. Help develop a BEV strategy for future vehicles
• Run Research and development BEV program/s internally and with external partners
• Initiate sub-system design reviews as necessary to resolve technical or packaging issues
• Maintain pro-active liaison between Styling, Design, Engineering, Procurement, EDB and Workshop to ensure effective project communication
Experience and Qualifications:
• The candidate should be degree qualified with preferably a degree in mechanical engineering
• Experience in motorsport and sports cars is essential
• Ideally skilled in working with CATIA V5
• Capable of carrying out hand calculations for components and correct material choices as well as cooling calculations for fuel, water and oil systems
• Have an in-depth knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and hybrid installations, cooling requirements along with regulatory knowledge.