RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitive + benefits
Position Title: Electrical Technician
Location: Millbrook, Bedfordshire
- Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Technician to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Millbrook, Bedfordshire.
- Support for vehicle electrical systems in terms of build support, issues investigation/resolution, test co-ordination, software, and hardware upgrades of prototype vehicles in the UK and overseas
- Vehicle fault analysis - use of diagnostic software toolsets, schematics, and specifications to identify and resolve vehicle and lab-car based issues
- Submission and updating of fault reports via a cloud-based issues management system and raising of BCRs for build related electrical issues
- Preparation of prototype wiring harnesses and electro-mechanical assemblies throughout the vehicle development programme
- Build support and maintenance for test vehicles, lab car and other rigs ex: infotainment etc.
- Support for other verification/validation activities including in-market testing, rig testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, EMC testing, telematics, and system calibration.
- Generation of test plans and reports
- Training and support for colleagues in the Workshop and Vehicle Development
- Establish and build a team to support multiple projects
- Provision of information and training to Manufacturing and After-sales departments and support for vehicle build
Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant track record of working as an electrical technician within an automotive workshop or automotive OE/Tier 1 environment
- Good understanding of vehicle electrical networks and systems (CAN, LIN and discrete signalling).
- Training will be provided where necessary
- Practical experience of using laptop-based vehicle diagnostic toolchains and lab equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes etc.)
- Practical experience of working with vehicle harness diagrams and system schematics.
- Experience in aspects of vehicle repair outside of electrical systems would be advantageous
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and prioritise their workload in conjunction with key stakeholders. Willingness to establish themselves as the go-to person for electrical issues
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Industry recognised technician qualifications (BTEC ONC/HNC or an apprenticeship combined with relevant experience)
- Full driving licence is essential
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union