Project Engineer - Thermal Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitive plus benefits
Position Title: Project Engineer - Thermal Systems
- Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Thermal Systems to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre
- Create groundbreaking architectures to develop thermal systems for EV and Hybrid vehicles that provide measurable improvements in comfort, range, and efficiency.
- Work with suppliers (component and system level) to utilise and improve upon existing and future technologies to redefine the standards in automotive thermal management.
- Perform the role of in-house expert on these systems.
- Document and maintain development roadmaps of the commodity suite with focus on features related to weight, efficiency, performance and integration with the charging infrastructure and associated systems.
- Review and analyse product specifications and identify areas of optimisation and improvement.
- Work with stakeholders, within and external to the Clients-, to identify deliverables and milestones that will contribute to the success of the vehicle programme.
- Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems to support on time delivery to the vehicle programme.
- Working with vehicle design teams as well as the owners of the electric powertrain components that create the traction system.
- Maintain oversight of the vehicle attributes and the functionality provided by the Thermal System.
- Guidance to ensure that key components are correctly integrated and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements at a system level.
- Validation Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC regulations.
- Specification and development oversight of design features and functions in conjunction with our technical partners, Tier 1 suppliers, and colleagues.
- Support other function groups to ensure compliance with process driven development methods.
- Drive system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
- Significant experience of EV Thermal systems within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of EV architectures and underlying principles and technologies including HV harnessing, coolant routing, serviceability, and control strategies.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as Batteries, OBCs, DCDCs, Inverters, Motor/Generators and Gearboxes.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc.) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an appropriate honours engineering degree.
- Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.