Facilities Development and Construction Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Facilities Development and Construction Engineer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
• This role sits in the Manufacturing Engineering function and includes the requirement to plan, deliver, commission and handover all forms of facilities (Building fit out, Modifications, and new build) in support of new model programmes.
• This role will liaise with the Manufacturing Engineer Team working alongside the wider business functions
• Ability to plan and manage the full delivery of production facility (Electrical) needs within a live manufacturing facility, ensuring strict adherence to safety and maintaining production.
• Manage Contractors delivery program, ensuring timing, quality, costs, in strict accordance with the Clients’ Control of Contractors procedures.
• Be proactive in the creation of multiple building / facility scope of works packages for tendering and delivery.
• Have the ability to offer real alternative options / idea to continually improve our delivery quality and costs.
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning, balancing the need for Safety in all aspects against the needs for live production.
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.
• An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
• A good communicator who can articulate complex ideas.
• An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members.
• An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along.
• Complete feasibility and cost evaluations for proposed new or modified facilities, define robust delivery plans with minimised disruption to operations.
• Manage the support and input of all relevant stakeholders to achieve acceptance, buy-off and successful handover of the facilities.
• Provide project budgets and high level timing plans to support management decision making processes.
• Work on projects and work streams; from feasibility, design, procurement, installation commissioning and handover, while maintaining overall control of defined Cost, Quality and timing.
• Previous experience of working in similar Infrastructure Electrical Engineering role with a proven track record for delivery within live manufacturing environment (is preferred) Management of Contractor delivery, under strict adherence to Legal and the Clients’ Safety Standards, showing Integrity in challenging safety behaviours while balancing the business needs.
• Commercially astute with awareness of the impacts of decisions, and optioneering approach to project costs, Timing and Risk.
• Proven small works Project Management experience using Project Management techniques e.g. Project Planning, Risk Management etc.
• Electrical Engineering design and delivery experience and qualified to degree level (or equivalent), 18th Edition Qualification preferred.
• Basic site based safety qualifications (i.e. SMSTS/CSCS/IOSH/NEBOSH Cert or similar is preferred) and good overall awareness of Design Standards.