Senior Calibration Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitive salary + benefits
Position Title: Senior Calibration Engineer
- Our Client is currently seeking a Senior Powertrain Calibration Engineer with an initial focus on heavy-duty and off-highway internal combustion engine platforms.
- You will join the Calibration team with the primary objective to work closely with our customers to develop, test and optimise the performance of their future engine and vehicle programs.
- You can expect a significant emphasis on ensuring that the calibration of the vehicle meets both legislative and customer specific engine-out and tailpipe emissions targets.
- Furthermore, you will be expected to take responsibility for planning and executing test work on engine, virtual, and powertrain testbeds or in-vehicle, providing clear and concise data analysis and reporting/recommendations to customer teams.
- When required by the customer, calibration engineers are expected to participate in vehicle development test trips that may involve world-wide travel.
- Our engineers are typically exposed to multiple different projects during their career working with us, including increasing opportunities in the field of electrified powertrains and virtualised development.
- The role is therefore particularly suited to people who will enjoy the opportunity to gain experience in new areas and who can rapidly self-start, combining a pro-active attitude, excellent analytical problem-solving skills and an outstanding technical engineering background
- Develop and manage new powertrain calibrations using Client/Customer calibration tools and processes
- Plan and execute powertrain testing on engine testbeds and in-vehicle
- Perform data processing and analysis, with reporting to customer teams and management
- Support internal Client presentations and participate in trainings and knowledge exchange
- Minimum of 2:1 Bachelor-s or Master-s degree in a relevant engineering area (Mechanical, Automotive, etc.),
- Excellent understanding of diesel internal combustion engine performance and fundamentals, including modern Exhaust After treatment Systems, and future industry trends,
- Experience of diesel engine off-highway performance, calibration, or development,
- Experience of engine software or calibration development processes,
- Good working knowledge of calibration tools such as ETAS INCA, ATI Vision etc.,
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to summarise and make clear technical recommendations across multifunctional disciplines with supporting data,
- Self-starter with the ability work with high level instruction, minimal detail breakdown and to be able to seek out relevant information, data and support from other engineering groups,
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both written and verbal, with the Client and customer team members, as well employees in other, customers, suppliers, and the global Client team,
- Flexibility to work across multiple projects/locations.
- Engine test cell operation, DoE test design and data capture,
- Knowledge of calibration and data analysis tools (Concerto, CANape, CAMEO, DIAdem etc.),
- Experience of electrification, e.g. hybrid calibration and an appreciation of future industry trends,
- Appreciation of powertrain simulation techniques (e.g. MatLab, Simulink, CRUISE- M) across virtual development, verification, and validation techniques including HiL Rig development.