Ergonomics and Human Factors Graduate Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitve + benefits
Position Title: Ergonomics and Human Factors Graduate Engineer
About the role
- As an Ergonomics and Human Factors Graduate Engineer, you will help to deliver world class ergonomics & usability attributes for our Clients- highly innovative and ground-breaking range of products.
- The role reports to the Head of Feasibility & Package Engineering in the UK and is based in Coventry, West Midlands, UK.
Graduate Program Overview
- At our Client, they emphasize on overall development of our team members.
- The Graduate program at the Client, runs for 2 years spanning across multiple departments and teams.
- Training and guidance is provided for personal and business skills development and a quarterly review with the reporting manager assures the development plan is on track against the competency framework.
- We invest in you with an ever-evolving range of training and technology, wrapped up in a collaborative approach to developing your skills and knowledge.
- A 3-month placement in Year 1 and another 3-month placement in Year 2 provides a perfect opportunity to network and build the strong relationships that are the foundation of a more powerful career.
- The 3 month placements can be in UK based teams or in overseas team (Germany or China) depending on company policy and government travel guidance at those times.
- UK based departments - Studio Engineering, Digital Visualisation and Virtual Reality, Physical modelling, Vehicle Package Engineering & Serviceability Engineering.
- Overseas departments - Advanced Engineering, Vehicle Integration, Aerodynamics and Thermal Systems Engineering, Product Engineering, Virtual Validation, Quality and Project Management, Testing and Development, Advanced Manufacturing.
- This role is based within the Global Product Development Team, part of the Research, Design & Development facility in the UK. You will be working within the Human Factors Team (HF Team), responsible for delivering world class Usability, Ergonomics and Human Factors science in design for the Clients- highly innovative and ground-breaking range of products.
- The role will collaborate closely with the UK based Design teams and Engineering colleagues worldwide for our vehicle development programs.
- The role also takes global responsibilities and participation in company-wide feature evaluation in order to align feature needs of all future products.
- As a Graduate Engineer-Ergonomics, you will be involved in all engineering phases - from advanced engineering to concept generation, detailed development and industrialization.
- Other typical tasks include supporting Lead Engineer for Ergonomics and Lead Package Engineers in performing below listed activities:
- Ergonomics Target setting and issue management during the duration of the project
- Assist cross functional ergo-technical issue resolution, providing innovative solutions for problems.
- Preparing Ergonomics & Daily life usage status reports for gateway papers as part of program deliverables.
- Report on results or conclusions of Human Factors engineering and Ergonomics activities, such as testing, investigation, or validation.
- Analyse Vehicle Attribute Profile and benchmarks for Ergonomics and Flexibility (storages & seats folding etc.) topics.
- Competitor vehicle analysis, performing feature evaluations, CAD benchmarking and setting feature targets for various on-going projects across multiple programs.
- Support ergonomics subjective evaluations on the built vehicles/seating bucks.
- Support testing of designs, related to the usability and UI of the product (graphical and physical).
- Apply CAD modelling or quantitative analysis (such as FMEA) to forecast events, such as human decisions or behaviours, in particular related to potential hazardous situations, to ensure the safety and usability of designs.
- Develop relevant CAD proposals, methods, plans, reports and reviews of Ergonomics and Human Factors (and associated areas) works.
- Creating and Maintaining CV spec (geometric targets and keep out zones) in Catia V5
- Jointly responsible for the Vehicle Packaging drawing, develop and monitor achievement of overall vehicle technical targets integrating Design, CAE, legal and performance criteria
- Be responsible for creating & documenting vehicle package & ergonomics design guidelines
- Creation, modification, management & delivery of ergonomics & design physical buck
- Support evaluation of mock ups and experiments for Vehicle Concept - Package department
- Collect data through direct observational studies or witnessing of tests to inform or evaluate design offerings
- Develop or implement research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products.
- Advocate for end users during the entire product development process and product lifecycle in collaboration with other teams including design managers, quality department, product research & development and testing.
- Conduct assessments and surveys, of users and customers, to collect information on topics to evidence requirements of designs.
- Conduct research to evaluate potential solutions related to work/in-use demands on the user.
- In conjunction with other teams, plan and perform usability assessments, anthropometric and musculoskeletal studies etc., using tools such as checklists, surveys, videotaping or posture assessments and others as required.
- Degree requirements include Human Factors, Ergonomics, Human Centred Design, User Experience Design, Psychology and Engineering at 2:1 level or higher
- Perseverance to get the correct result. Passion for success.
- Should have worked in Physical Ergonomics (human factors) and driver interface systems at University projects or during Internships.
- Should be good in creating new methodology for ergonomic assessments.
- Desirable - Basic proficiency in operating CATIA V5 or any CAD software, TeamCenter, CAVA, Ramsis. Training provided if required.
- Should be good in compiling and presenting information verbally and in writing. (Excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Innovative and creative mindset to provide engineering solutions and concepts.
- Should be enthusiastic to learn and implement new software and technologies as per project requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills, with good attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in start-up environment
- Travel to China, Europe or any other Group locations for supporting ergonomics and HF assessments & discussions.