Off Highways Calibration Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Off Highways Calibration Engineer
- Our Client is currently seeking a powertrain calibration engineer with a focus on industrial off-highway Tier4 Final/Stage V internal combustion engine platforms.
- You will work closely with our customers to develop, test and optimise the performance of their engine and vehicle programs to ensure that the powertrains meet both legislative and customer specific engine-out and tailpipe emissions targets.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for test work on engine testbeds, providing data analysis and reporting/recommendations to customer teams.
- You may work across multiple powertrains including of electrified powertrains and the role may involve may involve worldwide travel.
- Develop powertrain calibrations using the Clients-/customer calibration tools and processes
- Plan and execute powertrain testing on engine testbeds
- Development & refinement of engine test plans
- Perform data processing and analysis, with reporting to customer teams and management
- Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
- Promote robust solutions to address client issues using the Clients- portfolio of services & knowledge
- Support internal Client presentations and participate in trainings and knowledge exchange
- Bachelor-s degree in a relevant engineering area (Mechanical, Automotive, etc.)
- Understanding of diesel internal combustion engine performance and fundamentals, including current exhaust after treatment systems, and future industry trends
- Experience of off-highway engine performance, calibration & development
- Experience of engine software and calibration development processes
- Experience of coordinating and working on engine test beds
- Excellent inter-personnel and communication skills
- Working knowledge of calibration tools such as ETAS Inca, ATI Vision etc.
- Analytical skills with ability make clear technical recommendations across multifunctional disciplines with supporting data
- Flexibility to work across multiple projects/locations
- Masters or PhD in relevant subject
- Knowledge of DoE testing
- Knowledge of calibration and data analysis tools (Concerto, Vector CANape, CAMEO, DIAdem etc.),
- Knowledge of powertrain simulation techniques (e.g. MatLab, Simulink, CRUISE- M) across virtual development, verification, and validation techniques.
- Knowledge of non-ICE based powertrains (e-machines, hybrid systems, batteries & control systems, etc.)
- Understanding of worldwide emissions legislation (particularly NRMM Stage V)
- Masters or PhD in specific subject area preferred
- Heavy Duty engine/Off Highway experience