Project Engineer - Battery Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitive plus benefits
Position Title: Subject Matter Expert - Battery Systems
- Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Subject Matter Expert - Battery Systems to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre
- Responsible for the design and specification of Battery solutions for the Clients- electric and hybrid vehicles.
- Perform the role of Battery Systems in-house expert.
- Create and evolve a development roadmap for automotive batteries, capturing chemistry, cooling and assembly methodologies.
- Explore possibilities for marginal gains, to push the limits of what is technically possible.
- Identify and develop IP that can be leveraged by the Clients- to create innovative products.
- Develop optimal solutions for the Clients- projects and translate these into requirement specifications that can be presented to suppliers and partners.
- Execute and interpret battery simulation and cell lifetime durability testing to aid selection of appropriate technologies.
- Ensure that the technical strategy and vision of the solution is translated to relevant stakeholders, including Project Engineers who will be instrumental in delivering the technical solution.
- Support of Project Engineers throughout the project lifecycle, which will include periods of taking responsibility for development activities during the programme.
- Maintain technical oversight of all programmes to ensure that key components (e.g. structure, controllers, thermal) are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements.
- Act as the authority in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
- Significant experience of battery systems within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of energy storage architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, lifetime operation, cell degradation and control strategies.
- Experience of development engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as OBCs, DCDCs and Inverters.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc.) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Inspiring, articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Able to influence and align stakeholders to our aspirations and vision moving forwards.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
- Post graduate qualifications are essential.
- Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.