Senior Battery Management Systems Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitive salary + benefits
Position Title: Senior BMS Engineer
- Or Client delivers engineering consultancy projects for OEM customers in a number of areas, including but not limited to Transmissions, ADAS, Hybrid Vehicles and Electrification.
- Increasingly, these projects require robust analysis of the functional safety risks and mitigation actions.
- Our Client is seeking an experienced engineer with pro-active attitude, self-learner and highly motivated.
- You will be responsible for the development, verification, validation, and commissioning of Battery Management Systems for passenger vehicles, off highway vehicles, commercial vehicles, and industrial truck applications.
- Your role will be initially to support but with the aim to eventually lead the systems activities in the development of the BMS as well as the verification, validation, and commissioning activities, following the Clients- control systems development process based on the V-model.
- This will include the following key activities: Customer Interfacing
- Requirements engineering.
- Development of BMS systems architecture.
- Support the application software, basic software, functional safety, electronic hardware, and quality teams.
- Software/Hardware integration.
- Defining validation/verification plan and methodologies as well as evaluating test results.
- Debugging and carrying out systems test on the HIL rig.
- Supporting the Battery Systems team.
- Calibration and commissioning of BMS.
- Minimum bachelor-s degree in Electronics, Automotive or equivalent Engineering
- Automotive BMS development experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
- Previous experience in leading BMS systems development activities
- Experience of leading BMS commissioning and calibration
- Automotive engineering knowledge / experience in design, validation and integration
- Experienced in systems engineering and system delivery
- Experience of automotive control systems and calibration
- Proficient in office tools (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (good written and oral English)
- Experienced in leading requirements engineering process
- Development of systems architecture
- Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team
- Analytical and conceptual capabilities
- Confident in presenting to customers and management
- Driving license valid for driving in the UK
- Experience of ETAS INCA
- Experience with Vector tools (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) or equivalent
- Experience of MATLAB/Simulink (for BMS function development)
- Experience of BMS HW development
- Experience of Enterprise Architect or similar tools.
- Some embedded C experience (Reading code and using debuggers, Lauterbauch etc)
- Knowledge of HV li-ion Batteries.
- Knowledge of electric vehicle architectures and components
- Experienced in leading FMEA activities (Systems)
- Experienced in leading problem-solving activities, 8D, Root Cause Analysis etc.
- Experience of controls system development using Application Lifecycle Management software (preferably PTC Integrity)
- Automotive functional safety knowledge (ISO 26262)
- Project Management experience
- Experience in development of either automotive powertrain control systems, high-voltage electrical power supplies, Hybrid vehicles, ADAS features or similar technical fields
- Experience in hybrid powertrain area