Concept Virtual Reality Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Concept Virtual Reality Engineer
- Function: Attribute and Architecture - Concept development
- The Concept Virtual Reality (VR) Engineer uses its extensive knowledge and experience in area of virtual reality and vehicle development to lead visualization of the geometric integration of vehicle concepts across the development units, product design, and manufacturing.
- The Concept VR Engineer shall support the delivery of the correct concept maturity at the applicable milestones trough visualization and by that secure that project can make proper decisions. This person should support both Trim and Car Final (TCF) also called C-shop and Packaging department.
- Reports to Vehicle Concept Leader
- Conducting concept studies by creating and lead Virtual Reality Review Sessions.
- Lead, organize and Perform Virtual C shop builds by using IPS as a main tool
- Create studies, support packaging and TCF engineers in solving specific Vehicle integration and manufacturing issues.
- By using Virtual Reality ensure that all package issues influencing vehicle concepts are balanced and solved, taking a leading role in generating proposals and contributing to issue resolution.
- Performing applicable competitor benchmark analysis and comparison to proposed solutions.
- Management of applicable working level forums, reporting status to the Concept team leader and supporting the product development plan deliverables.
- Using IPS, TeamCentre VisMockUp and Catia
- Using Autodesk VRED Pro to develop suitable VR models is a merit
- Using UNREAL and/or BLENDER for Virtual Reality modelling in area of Automotive is a merit
- Producing VR studies, movies, animations and visualize and demonstrate vehicle focus topics
- Producing reports to highlight concept/packaging issues and resolution status.
- Prioritising and managing personal workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing are met.
Software and IT:
- IPS, VR, Blender, VRED, Unreal (merit)
Competence requirements for: CAD (CATIA)
- - Solid - Surface
Competence requirements for: TeamCentre Automotive
- - Author - Viewer
- IPS expertise is curtail
- VR expertise and experience preferably in combination with experience from automotive engineering, gaming or similar is important
- Good knowledge of VR tools - Autodesk VRED PRO, Unreal, Blender is merit
- Merit: OEM experience in a vehicle concept / advanced engineering role
- Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely
- Flexible, committed, and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time.
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills
- Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- BEng/MEng in engineering