Senior Development Engineer - NVH
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Senior Development Engineer - NVH
- Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer - NVH to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
- To take responsibility for specifying, preparing, monitoring, analysing and reporting of all activities related to the build, test, development and validation of the vehicle development and attribute systems.
- To work, closely with the Development build teams to ensure that vehicles are built to the required specification and prepared for test.
- To work closely with the Program, Vehicle Design and Engineering teams to develop plan and execute verification and validation tests in line with program requirements.
- To take responsibility for vehicle DVP and test budget for development activities.
- To work closely with suppliers and test facilities to ensure successful test activities.
- To represent the Vehicle Development team both at test and in technical meetings as required.
- To report to the business on the status and progression of the development activities.
- To develop and work to GMD-s Vehicle Development process.
- Ensure virtual tools, methodologies and correlation are in place continuously improving virtual predictive quality of vehicle level NVH CAE models.
- Build and maintain high fidelity NVH CAE models of body, trimmed body and full vehicle level models.
- Lead the virtual vehicle structure development in close collaboration with project and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with test engineers to lead the structural correlation virtual to physical.
- Lead virtual DVPs, generate concise reporting and execute design countermeasures according to engineering process.
- Drive the use of optimization tools, balancing performance, weight and cost targets.
- Would like a line that is specific about benchmarking and target setting responsibilities for NVH
- Demonstrate a first principles understanding of transfer path/function, transmissibility, noise level
- Provide design guidelines to the function groups for preventing squeak/rattle, exhaust noise level, cabin acoustics during the design phase
- Report out at project gateways.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor / Master-s degree in mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Sound engineering knowledge and application to vehicle development activities.
- Minimum of 5 years- experience in an automotive test and development environment.
- Experience in the generation and development of whole vehicle and rig based DVP.
- Knowledge and experience of industry proving grounds and test facilities.
- Experience of any or all of the following is an advantage:
- Experience of working in a low volume, high performance or motorsport vehicle environment.
- Experience of rig test preparation, design and analysis techniques.
- Sound technical knowledge and relevant experience of vehicle attribute engineering.
- (Durability, Heat Management, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, etc.)
- Familiarity of typical automotive diagnostic / DAQ tools (IPETRONIK, CANalyzer, VBOX, etc.)
- Experience of post-processing / scripting tools (MatLab, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of subjective/objective attribute target setting.
- Catia V5 (or alternative CAD system) DMU experience preferred, but not essential.
- 3+yrs of CAE NVH development experience in automotive or related field.
- Expert knowledge of ANSA, NASTRAN, OPTISTRUCT.
- Expert in linear structural and vibro-acoustic analysis methods.
- Background in Vehicle CAE performance development preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop effective solutions efficiently.