Senior Harness Design Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Job Title: Senior Harness Design Engineer
Duration: Rolling Contract
IR35 Status Determination: Outside
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and 3D drafting in Catia V5 according to customer specifications
- 3D design data management on the customer system (TCE)
- Preparation of 3D CAD design drafts for wiring harness components
- Package investigations and development of solutions to EDS related package issues
- Adhere to Customer specifications and requirements while developing designs
- Adhere to internal specifications and requirements while developing designs
- Time critical implementation of design changes during all program development phases
- Review designs with customer manufacturing team to ensure feasibility for instillation into vehicle
- Ensure EDS routing and package design is compatible with vehicle environment
- Prepare marked up 2D drawings to support design changes
- Check 2D drawings are in-line with the planned design prior to release
- Support design reviews, prototype harness and vehicle builds at company and customer locations
- Identify, track and resolve EDS design and manufacturing issues.
- Generate, review and evaluate potential cost reduction ideas.
- Carry out CAD assembly investigations together with the responsible project engineers
- Participate in TVM, VA/VE and benchmarking activities.