Engineer - Structural Analysis
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Engineer - Structural Analysis
- Your primary responsibility will be to use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to help guide the design and achieve component and assembly targets for mass, stiffness and durability. You will be expected to perform linear and non-linear analyses.
- The role will include build of full vehicle FE models and subsystems, load case derivation, analysis set-up and execution, post-processing of results to generate design recommendations.
- You will be expected to liaise with the design, development, project management, commercial, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners and suppliers to ensure the designs meet the requirements for timing, performance, manufacturability and cost.
- Additionally, you will support R&D activities and the development of tools and techniques to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the analysis department.
Experience and Qualifications:
- It is anticipated that you will be an engineer with experience in the automotive, motorsports or aerospace industry.
- You should have an engineering degree and experience working within a team environment.
- A solid understanding of whole vehicle design is essential as well as a sound knowledge of structures, sub-systems and dynamics of vehicles.
The following attributes are required
- Demonstrable experience using FEA techniques to predict the stiffness, strength and durability of structures
- Hand calculations to support the FE analysis
- Experience of analysing test data and correlation to CAE results
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
- Excellent problem solver, capable of thinking -outside the box-
- Quick learner with good time management skills
- Ability to achieve cost, weight and technical targets within specified timescales
In addition, the following attributes would be advantageous:
- Experience using FEA to predict Crashworthiness of Automotive structures, metallic and composite structures.
- Knowledge of crash and safety legislation and consumer test requirements for different world regions
- Experience of NVH and bush analysis.
- Practical knowledge of Altair-s Hyperworks suite of software, including Hypermesh, Radioss, Optistruct and MotionSolve (or equivalent software)
- Practical knowledge of nCode-s Design Life software
- Ability to develop data cards for metal and composite materials
- Experience of Motorsport or Supercar engineering programmes
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status desirable