Subject Matter Expert - Power Electronics
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Subject Matter Expert - Power Electronics to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- Responsible for the development of power electronics products for Prestige OEM Group electric and hybrid vehicles.
- Perform the role of in-house power electronics expert.
- Create and evolve a development roadmap for high voltage products (including inverters, DCDC converters and On-Board Chargers) to ensure that Prestige OEM solutions are using the latest developments and optimised in a way to support world leading vehicle developments from the group.
- Explore possibilities for marginal gains, to push the limits of what is technically possible.
- Identify and develop IP that can be leveraged by Prestige OEM Group to create innovative products.
- Develop optimal solutions for Prestige OEM Group projects and translate these into requirement specifications that can be presented to suppliers and partners.
- Interpret vehicle level requirements to translate into relevant technologies that should be exploited to create specific IP within the Prestige OEM Group.
- Ensure that the technical strategy and vision of the solution is translated to relevant stakeholders, including Project Engineers who will be instrumental in delivering the technical solution.
- Support of Project Engineers throughout the project lifecycle, which will include periods of taking responsibility for development activities during the programme.
- Maintain technical oversight of all programmes to ensure that key components (e.g., structure, controllers, heat exchangers) are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements.
- Act as the authority in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
- Significant experience of power electronics within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of HV electronics systems within an automotive environment, including power modules, immersed cooling, switching frequencies, current ripple, and heat generation.
- Ability to confidently communicate concepts such as pin fin cooling, bus bar design, creepage and clearance and electrical noise generation.
- Experience of development engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as batteries, cooling systems and charging infrastructure.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Inspiring, articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative. Able to influence and align stakeholders to their aspirations and vision moving forwards.
- Possession of an Electrical, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Post graduate qualifications are essential. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.