Project Engineer Software and Controls Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer Software and Controls to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- Working in collaboration with the system owners, to deliver the vehicle level software-controlled features and functions in accordance with the vehicle timing and development plan.
- In collaboration with the system owners, specification, development, and management of detailed requirements to be implemented in the vehicle electrical architecture. These range from simple binary functions through to complex distributed functions.
- Provide technical and project oversight for software related developments undertaken by their technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Ensure compliance with process driven development.
- Support in terms of guidance for network integration, distributed functions, signal database activities, interaction with UI systems and diagnostics.
- Track the development progress and maturity of feature/function and application development. Co-ordinate multi-party activities to ensure synchronised delivery and testing. Implement mitigation strategies when things go off-plan. Use network of experts to help solve complex issues.
- Management of technical deliverables such as Feature Implementation Plans (FIPs), software timing plans, issues trackers, signals databases and open issues decks.
- Participate in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Hands-on electrical development and testing in collaboration with testing and validation colleagues. Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
- Significant relevant experience of vehicle/system/sub-system software development and delivery within an automotive, aerospace or e-mobility engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
- Working knowledge of software architectures, development methodologies, test and validation strategies, and development environments.
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Software Engineering, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.