Project Engineer - Electric Powertrain System
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Electric Powertrain Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick Midlands.
- Electric Powertrain project engineering, development and integration of motors, generators and reduction gearboxes into the overall vehicle architecture (e.g. body, chassis and powertrain systems).
- Perform the role of in-house expert on these systems. Document and maintain development roadmaps of the commodity suite with focus on features related to weight, efficiency and performance.
- Review and analyse product specifications and identify areas of optimisation and improvement. Ensure that the balance between motor and gearbox efficiencies are understood and lead simulation activities to aid component specification.
- Work with stakeholders, within and external to the Prestige OEM Group, in order to identify solutions, projects and milestones that will contribute to the success of the vehicle programme.
- Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems to support on time delivery to the vehicle programme.
- Realisation of the vehicle features using a combination of carry-over, modified and new components in collaboration with the Body, Chassis and Powertrain function groups as required.
- Guidance to ensure that the mechanical drive components (from inverter output to gearbox output) are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements. Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC regulations.
- Specification and development oversight of design features and functions in conjunction with their technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Support other function groups to ensure compliance with process driven development methods.
- Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
- Significant experience of electric drive components within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of motor-generator technologies and drivetrain architectures including efficiencies, durability, manufacturing concepts and control strategies.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as Suspension, Traction Batteries,and Inverters.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of a Mechanical, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.