Project Engineer - Battery Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Battery Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick Midlands.
- Battery Systems project engineering, development, and integration of energy storage systems into the overall vehicle architecture (e.g., body, chassis, and powertrain systems).
- Perform the role of Battery Systems in-house expert. Document and maintain a development roadmap for automotive batteries, capturing chemistry, cooling, and assembly methodologies.
- Review and analyse product specifications and identify areas of optimisation and improvement.
- Execute and interpret battery simulation and cell lifetime durability testing to aid selection of appropriate technologies.
- Work with stakeholders, within and external to the Prestige OEM Group, to identify solutions, projects and milestones that will contribute to the success of the vehicle programme.
- Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems to support on time delivery to the vehicle programme.
- Realisation of the vehicle features using a combination of carry-over, modified and new components in collaboration with the Body, Chassis and Powertrain function groups as required.
- Guidance to ensure that key components (structure, controllers, thermal) are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements. Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC regulations.
- Specification and development oversight of design features and functions in conjunction with their technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Support other function groups to ensure compliance with process driven development methods.
- Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
- Significant experience of battery systems or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of energy storage architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, lifetime operation, cell degradation and control strategies.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as OBCs, DCDCs and Inverters.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.