Project Engineer - Thermal Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Danielle Placey 1
Prestige OEM currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Thermal Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in either Warwick, Midlands or Shalford, Surrey.
- Create ground-breaking architectures to develop thermal systems for EV and Hybrid vehicles that provide measurable improvements in comfort, range, and efficiency.
- Work with suppliers (component and system level) to utilise and improve upon existing and future technologies to redefine the standards in automotive thermal management.
- Perform the role of in-house expert on these systems. Document and maintain development roadmaps of the commodity suite with focus on features related to weight, efficiency, performance and integration with the charging infrastructure and associated systems.
- Review and analyse product specifications and identify areas of optimisation and improvement.
- Work with stakeholders, within and external to the Prestige OEM, to identify deliverables and milestones that will contribute to the success of the vehicle programme.
- Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems to support on time delivery to the vehicle programme. Working with vehicle design teams as well as the owners of the electric powertrain components that create the traction system.
- Maintain oversight of the vehicle attributes and the functionality provided by the Thermal System.
- Guidance to ensure that key components are correctly integrated and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements at a system level. Validation Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC regulations.
- Specification and development oversight of design features and functions in conjunction with their technical partners, Tier 1 suppliers, and colleagues. Support other function groups to ensure compliance with process driven development methods.
- Drive system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
- Significant experience of EV Thermal systems within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of EV architectures and underlying principles and technologies including HV harnessing, coolant routing, serviceability, and control strategies.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as Batteries, OBCs, DCDCs, Inverters, Motor/Generators and Gearboxes.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an appropriate honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.