Associate Legal Counsel
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Uxbridge, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Position Title: Associate Legal Counsel
Summary of responsibilities:
• Advise Marketing Teams in areas such as advertising campaigns, agency agreement negotiations, as well as providing legal support on marketing related issues.
• Providing day-to-day advice to colleagues across the business on a wide variety of other commercial issues including contract reviews, negotiations, and disputes.
• Advise on Competition Law and delivery of Competition Law training.
• Legal lead for all Data Protection related matters within the UK & Ireland.
• Provide training to commercial and corporate teams on a variety of legal and governance issues.
• Main point of contact for the Advertising Standards Authority (‘ASA’).
• Legal lead working with Corporate and Government Affairs, Regulatory, Consumer Relations teams and support on Brand reputation issues and consumer complaints.
• Protecting the Clients’ interests at trade association meetings.
• As part of Legal leadership team, setting and providing strategic direction of the function for the team and wider business.
Primary Skills Required:
• Qualified lawyer with experience of working in the UK market within an in-house legal department (food industry preferred) and/ or have experience of working in a law firm.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Significant experience of commercial, competition and contract law supporting Marketing.
Additional Skills Preferred:
• Experience of Intellectual Property and Corporate Governance