Business Performance and Planning Specialist
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Business Performance and Planning Specialist
Duration: 3 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Product Development
About the Role
• Our Client are looking for a responsible Executive Assistant to provide personalised secretarial and administrative support in a well-organised and timely manner.
• You will work on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to managers' working life and communication.
• Comfortable in working with senior leaders, you will provide business support to senior executives in conjunction with a dedicated Executive Assistant.
• You will be the organisational mastermind who runs our office and day-to-day operations.
• Whether it is managing office operations, engaging with partners, on boarding our entrepreneur teams, or planning team-building events, you will seamlessly adapt.
• You will not be a stranger to rapid changes and variety in your daily work and supporting the Managing Directors in ensuring a smooth run of the office and the employees are looked after in order to comply with their contractual cultural engagement and to support the contractual benefits package.
• This role will be working with the Managing Director of Studio 107, the Managing Director of CVC and the Chief Operations Officer along with other senior staff who might require administrative support.
• The role is a key link between various teams and would suit someone interested in championing office culture and driving a fun, positive work environment.
• Act as the point of contact between the manager and internal/external clients
• Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
• Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
• Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
• Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
• Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager
• Carrying out background research and presenting findings
• Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
• Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings
• Liaising with suppliers, internal teams and other staff
• Carrying out additional projects and research as directed
Managing Directors’ Business Support Responsibilities:
• Manage the office layout and order furniture and equipment as required
• Manage the office budget and ensure that it is kept balanced
• Maintain office cleanliness and appropriate standards
• Implement and maintain health & safety procedures and training
• Provide light technical assistance
• Maintain kitchen & conference rooms on a regular basis
• Handle incoming/outgoing mail and packages
• Order office supplies and equipment maintenance
• Plan and execute company and office-wide meetings, including monthly Team Meeting, Lunch & Learn, etc.
• Support the development and building of the Clients’ culture, including on boarding new employees and acting as a champion for the Clients’ values
• Drive new initiatives to enhance the Clients’ company culture and ensure a happy, unified team
• Manage the events calendar and deliver event support
• Plan and manage internal company events e.g. Retreat, off-sites
• Work on delivery of external company events that promote the Clients’ brand e.g. Launch parties, networking events, etc.
• Assist marketing in initiatives that further promote the Clients’ company culture
• Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
• Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
• Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
• Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
• Researches new products and services to meet company's goals
• Assesses total costs of company purchases
• Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
• Review service agreements before sign-off to ensure they are correctly completed and that they meet IMV procurement policy
• Willingness to assist with other duties as assigned
• Managing Director Studio 107, the Clients’ Ventures
• Managing Director CVC, the Clients’ Ventures
• Director New Software & Services
• Comfortable interacting with C-Suite executives and navigating a complex corporate environment
• Able to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
• Outstanding organisational and time management skills
• Resilient and detailed-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture
• Natural ability to juggle rapidly changing priorities and switch context between projects
• Comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Able to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion
• An outstanding problem solver who is solution-oriented and has a genuine interest in helping
• Friendly, outgoing and a team player
• Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
• Computer savvy (Google docs, PowerPoint, Excel and Gmail, Slack, Workable)
• First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one, Fire Marshall experience a plus too
• Flexibility with ability to multitask and manage a busy workload with professionalism
• Highly motivated with strong work ethic
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility and dependable
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally and efficiently
• Superior organisational skills and impeccable follow-through on tasks
• Proven track record of supporting C-Suite stakeholders
• 2-3 years’ experience in providing 1:1 support to a senior manager
• Notionally the Clients’ Office in London will be the home location for the role, and given that office induction and some small degree of physical office management will be required, there will be a necessity to be in the office sometimes- though in most cases, the role holders will be able to plan and manage these themselves.
• Much of the time, subject to the candidates own preferences and planning, the role could work from home.
• It is worth noting that two of the three Directors that this role will support are not yet in role, and they may have their own preferences for this when they join us over the next few months.