Project Engineering Consultant - Chassis
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Project Engineering Consultant - Chassis
Essential Criteria: Project engineer - Chassis
• Catia - spin and review
• low volume high value
Nice to Have Criteria:
• Lead/Deliver chassis systems, to meet design specifications including Wheels & Tyres, Suspension, Steering, Braking Packaging, concept studies and detailed design, including sizing calculations and use of CAD / CAE to create viable sections
• Lead and support of design activities carried out in-house and at suppliers if required
• Build support (prototype and production)
• Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
• Supporting problem-solving activities during virtual and physical builds.
• Assess all engineering prototypes to determine any associated issues or risks, mitigating when, and where found.
• Research whether the design is feasible, functional and cost-effective
• Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
• Represent the department in design reviews and during test and development activities if required
• Design components to the lowest feasible weight
• Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable internal, industry, business and where applicable legislative standards and requirements.
• Co-ordinate own design work to deliver timely design releases and meeting all design for manufacture input from supplier(s)
• Develop and specify GD&T data set on CAD models or drawings, taking into account all inputs from parts suppliers, assembly processes and dimensional management studies
• Creating presentation material for Design Reviews
• Producing detailed manufacturing drawings
• Maintain and manage engineering records and designs
• Deliver the system architecture design using Catia V5/V6
• Maintenance and update of the section book
• 3D package modelling
• Support interface with styling
• Design for manufacture and assembly for responsible components
• Ensuring responsible designs meet legal compliance
• Work Package Management
• Design Sizing Analysis
• Sub system load analysis
• Joints and interface design
• Materials selection
• Fixing selection justification with appropriate bolt calculations
• Carbon Fibre Design and Manufacture
• DFMEA delivery
• Creation and Management of Engineering Tech Spec.
• Front and Rear Crash Structures, Lightweight Structures and Carriers
• Crash System Design - Management and Integration of CAE Inputs
• DFM and DFA delivery
• GD&T / RPS Location and Measurement Plans
• Engineering to Commercial Contraints & Commercial management
• Deliver Engineering Change