Project Team Leader – Electrical Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Project Team Leader – Electrical Systems
• Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Team Leader Electrical Systems Lead to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• Reporting to the Head of the Client Operations, you will be responsible for the delivery of the overall electrical system for one of our exciting vehicle programmes in collaboration with our in-house experts, development partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
• You will be the first point of contact for all electrical activities for your project.
• Work collaboratively with the Electrical and Controls Chief Engineers to ensure that technical deliverables are on time to the required level of expectation.
• Provide leadership to a matrix team of multi-disciplined electrical engineers (Systems, EDS, CAD Design engineers, controls, test, and validation) with a mission to achieve project milestones within the target timeframe.
• Responsibility for project deliverables throughout the project life cycle including engineering process requirements, engineering releases, cost, timing, and weight management.
• Work in collaboration with the PMO and other departments to co-ordinate multiparty activities to ensure synchronised delivery of electrical systems deliverables.
• Implement mitigation strategies when things go off-plan.
• Use project network to help solve complex issues.
• Represent the Electrical Department in status meetings and project reviews.
• Prepare and maintain open issues decks and other reporting material as required by the project.
• Working with the system owners review and approve requirements specifications, timing plans, systems calibration, and validation requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
• Monitor compliance with any necessary functional safety, legislative, electrical, environmental and EMC requirements.
• Lead system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, FuSa, test planning and functionality reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
• In collaboration with Supply Chain support supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
• Significant experience of system/component design and delivery within an automotive/aerospace/transport or similar engineering environment.
• Team leadership experience is essential.
• Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework
• (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.) and full product lifecycle activities.
• Articulate, inspiring, and self-motivated.
• Able to work well on own initiative and thrive in high-pressure situations.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours
• engineering degree.
• Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.