IT Support Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: IT Support Engineer
• Our Client is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join a market-leading automotive company on a permanent basis.
• This will be a varied position involving both reactive and proactive support, owning and managing the calls of various areas.
• As the IT Support Engineer, you will be tasked with providing remote and onsite support to customers across the Midlands and South of the UK, as well as leading local projects and developing processes and maintaining various infrastructure and network systems.
• You will be involved and act as the first point of escalation for most issues.
• You will provide remote and onsite 1st/2nd line IT and Infrastructure Support to internal and external customers
• You will ensure that issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner within SLA targets and that you always remain professional yet approachable
• You will be involved in the planning, implementation and support of various projects and technologies within business
• You will work closely with the IT Manager and IT Team to ensure that plans and strategies for improvement are in place and met
• Using Client processes, ITIL best practice and agreed systems of work
Technical skills required:
• Windows Server and Windows OS
• Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint
• Active Directory, Group Policy
• Understanding of Networking – routers, switches, firewalls
• Avamar Solution
• Remedy Force
• Hardware builds & maintenance
• A flexible and positive approach to work; an ability to get things done, within the constraints of the policies and processes
• Willingness to take ownership of the IT environment and be accountable for its performance
• A commitment to “do it right first time” viewed from a customer’s perspective
• Possession of excellent communication skills and active embrace of world-class customer service
• A desire to learn, grow and adapt to the Clients’ philosophy and ethos
• At ease working proactively, unsupervised and on own initiative to address complex issues
• Ability and willingness to travel to other sites when necessary, including (occasionally) overseas
• Experience of working within an ISO27001 / ISO9001 environment
• Must be flexible
• Valid UK / EU Driving license
• Previous experience in 1st/2nd line support
• Experienced working with Windows networks
• Solid understanding of Windows operating systems and peripheral devices
• Great team working skills
• Self-motivated with a desire to develop
• Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks accordingly
• The ability to explain complicated technologies to clients
• Have a keen interest in new and emerging technologies