Excel VBA Developer – Design Office Data Management
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Excel VBA Developer – Design Office Data Management
• Our Client currently have an exciting opportunity for an Excel VBA Developer – Design Office Data Management to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• The key accountability of the Engineering Database Management (EDM) function is to control and maintain the Data produced from the Engineering Design team (held as an extracted
• BoM structure) for tracking and reporting product cost and weight.
• This role supports the EDM team and wider business through the creation and maintenance of business tools and reporting. These tools are predominantly built through Excel Visual
• Basic, but knowledge of other analytic tool concepts (Power BI, Tableau) would be an advantage.
• Identify opportunities, understand end-user needs, and develop new tools/functions, using applications like MS Excel, Access, SQL, Power BI
• Respond to requests from the business for production of reports or provide the ability for stakeholders to generate reports of their own
• Provide training to current team to ensure efficient use and handover of tools/functions
• Support the development of a PLM and ERP systems
• To monitor system efficiency and propose changes to improve working functionality
• To ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within your areas of responsibilities
• Support the implementation of nominated PLM and ERP Software
• Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested of you
Experience and Qualifications:
• It is advantageous to have a working understanding of Engineering BoM structures
• Experience of Data Analysis and manipulation
• Experience of developing and improving processes through automation
• Must be an advanced user on Excel and confident with VBA macros - be able to both write their own code, and work/troubleshoot existing
• Must have strong database design & build skills, confident using multiple data sources and links
• Knowledge of other programming languages, such as Python, an advantage
• Experience of Microsoft 365 / Power Tools also an advantage
• Knowledge of Catia V5/V6, 3D Experience and/or IFS a distinct advantage
• Effective Communication - must be comfortable building working relationships with key technical and non-technical stakeholders, such as Engineering and Finance Hub representatives