Body Exterior Integration Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dunton, Laindon, Basildon
Position Title: Body Exterior Integration Engineer
Duration: 2 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Product Development
• Body Exterior Integration Engineer
• The Dunton PD team are pleased to be offering positions that will help develop and deliver an all-new electric Commercial Vehicle to the market.
• This is an engineering integration role supporting the Exterior product development functional groups including Upper/Under body structures, lighting, closures, and exterior trim.
• This is a dynamic role requiring a wide range of skills interacting with ross functional Client teams from Purchasing to Programme management.
• The position requires a skilled communicator with a well organised approach to planning and execution.
• Applicants must be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to organise large amounts of information and present in an efficient manner.
• Knowledge of Engineering and vehicle subsystems, particularly body exterior components and systems.
• An understanding of the Company’s business systems and processes including GPDS.
• Good IT skills including use of Advanced Excel Modelling, MS-Office, WebEx, SharePoint etc.
• Good communication / presentation skills.
• Team player & ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation.
• Logical, process oriented, analytical & high attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt to the use of different software systems to access information for analysis.
• Proven ability to identify gaps in existing processes and suggest improvements.
• Ability to explain & present complex processes, issues and concepts.
• Experience required: Delivery of selected technical and business work streams for Vehicle Hardware Modules.
• Delivery of Vehicle Hardware Module Integration for Commercial Vehicle programs to deliver required quality, safety, cost, weight, features and attributes to GPDS timing.
• Leading and managing cost, weight, tooling, BoM and sourcing work streams to support Vehicle program gateways including target setting and delivery to those targets.
• Reporting, leading meetings & presenting to Middle/Senior Management.
• Co-ordination, scheduling and documentation of meeting outcomes.
• Information cascades too and objective alignment / key priorities monitoring of the wider VHM team.
• Preparation and presentation engineering status.
• Proven skills in co-coordinating & aligning global multifunctional teams.
• Development of compatible program work plans (Interfacing VHM content to Vehicle timing) within GPDS framework
• Issue resolution within business work streams working with Purchasing and Finance organisations to support Program Delivery.
• Maintenance of key program metrics e.g. Global Integrator, Open issues Lists, Executive Summaries, Health Charts, Scorecards etc.
• Preparation and presentation of gateway papers supporting engineering gateways.
• Relevant Engineering Experience required.
• Engineering degree (Mechanical / Automobile).
• A business qualification would be an advantage.