RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Duration: 12 Month rolling Contract
• Manufacturing Engineer - Turning the Clients’ Halewood Transmission Plant is an advanced manufacturer of manual transmissions for the automotive industry.
• The plant has best in class safety, quality and production performance and has a strong culture of continuous improvement and cost management.
• It has recently been awarded a £250 million investment to be the sole European supplier of drive units for the upcoming generation of the Clients’ Battery Electric Vehicles.
• Manufacturing Engineering is a key department within Halewood Transmission Plant which provides engineering support for manufacturing processes and production support.
• You would be a key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team and your role within the team would involve you collaborating with other engineering, production and maintenance departments as well as external partners, including external vendors, purchasing, and central engineering staff.
• They need you to share your transferable skills, knowledge, and experience within our team as you:
• Investigate and address issues raised in the course of manufacturing operations
• Develop and implement improvement projects to modernise and / or provide cost savings in relation to plant infrastructure and related services
• Manage contractors working on process and project activities
• Liaise with contractors, maintenance and production staff as needed
• Immerse yourself within our dynamic and flexible team as you contribute to the ‘can do attitude’ the team has as we work in a fast-changing environment
• Proactively support the continuous improvement of the plant
• Strong fundamental understanding of turning operations turning, drilling, milling, dimensional measurement
• Understanding of requirements of TS16949, ISO14001
• Lean manufacturing techniques
• Knowledge of ergonomics and manual handling
• Knowledge of SPC
• 2 years in high volume manufacturing / process environment
• 5 years in high volume manufacturing / process environment
• Bachelor Degree in engineering discipline or 5+ year’s industry experience without Degree.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Review and Monitoring of component quality for Manufacturing Operations
• Investigation of quality concerns
• Supporting Plant processes to Ensure Machine Optimisation
• Assistance in Tooling Concerns on turning operations
• Training & Coaching of production and maintenance personnel to provide knowledge and understanding of Gear Manufacturing Processes
• Support dimensional measuring concerns & optimisation