Technical Expertise Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Technical Expertise Engineer
Division: Engineering Operations
• Electrical Systems Development Engineer Technology Development
• Responsible for the broad development of electrical systems across test facilities.
• This will range from facility level industrial electrical installations all the way to specific system level development.
• The role will involve the reactive support of all Engineering Labs and their facilities, providing electrical knowledge and problem solving to support breakdowns and maintenance
• An advanced knowledge of Electrical Systems, Electronics or Controls Engineering field.
• Good knowledge of electrical drawings, compliance and safety systems and installation schematics
• Knowledge of power systems in general, hydraulics, pneumatics etc.
• Educated to degree level with relevant qualifications in electrical systems
• Experience of Rig/System commissioning, all infrastructure considerations, reporting of methods.
• Experience of facility development and planning, working with vendors to create specifications & quotes.
• Applied hands-on experience, reactive problem solving skills.
• Understanding of active system technology Chassis Systems, Body Systems, HV-Electric Systems.
• Ability to design, interpret and implement complex test procedures methodically.
• Conversant in UK CA Accreditation, experience with CE marking, working with safety control systems and suppliers like PILZ.
• Ability to construct timing plans, schedule work tasks and manage team activities to completion.
• Knowledge of vehicle & test communications technology Flexray, CAN, LIN, Profinet, EtherCAT.
• Experience with Hazardous Voltage (HV) Systems & Batteries.
• Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments
• Budgeting and estimating timescales
• Overseeing of technicians
• Testing installations and systems